Opening a reg UW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DOXA

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

In case of a problem, does anybody open their regulator while diving? If so, are there any preparations to take before the dive or tools to bring along?

D.

Purchase a reg whose faceplate simply screws off and don't over tighten it as StSomewhere states.

Note, we're not talking about stripping the reg down to its component parts, just getting at the diaphragm and lever in case one of them is causing the problem...

Roak

Make sure you don't blow the diaphram off - or if you do, make sure you catch it.

Cuz if it goes, its gone and you'll never find it again and have to buy a new one. Ask me how I know.. lol

JimC:
Make sure you don't blow the diaphram off - or if you do, make sure you catch it.

Cuz if it goes, its gone and you'll never find it again and have to buy a new one. Ask me how I know.. lol

How do you know?

:D

Z...

Lets just say:

Me: 0, St Lawrence River: 1

:wink:

I routinely open my octopus in classes underwater to show the students how a reg operates

Joe

cudachaser:
I routinely open my octopus in classes underwater to show the students how a reg operates

Joe

That's a good idea, especially in a swimming pool. If something blows off, I will find it back :D

D.

ok, what do you do with an S600, remove that stupid little plastic nail and throw it away before you splash?

Assuming the S600 is somewhat like the G250, yes. I remove the plastic "nail".

Roak

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom