Opening a Pacer XP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpence151

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I've been out of diving for a few years. Lived in Dallas for a time and worked with a LDS where I assisted with classes and with equiptment maintenance.

Just bought a used Dacor with two Pacer XP second stage. Claim was they were just serviced. One of them could use a bit of and adjustment, free flows a little, but does stop. But the second one has a rattle to it. The old regs were easy to get into so you could maintain the diaphram. This one has a plastic housing and I'm need help opening it to check for the rattle, if it's something simple I don't want to pay the $60.00 + quote given by my LDS here as they gave me a $45.00 quote on a spare are service that cost me $140.00.

Can anyone tell me how to get into the second stage to see if it needs serviced or if it's something from shipping.

TIA

John

Look under the metal ring on the face usually around the mouth piece there is a small metal tang wedged up into it. It prevents the purge from comming undone. Use a small flat faced screw driver or a pick and pull it out. The entire purge cover can then be screwed off.

Because they are plastic there are times that they refuse to unscrew if that happens place it under hot water ( I just turn on the facet it is pleanty hot and will not melt the cover) for a few minutes the plastic will let go and unscrew.

If you need more help let me know.

Hallmac

Do me a favor and post what you found, and how you fixed it, because I have a pacer plus that makes that same sound, but only when I am out of water, like when I am waiting to get aboard the boat, it kinda blubbers/honks. sounded like the diaphrgm or valve fluttering, but what the HXXX do I know.

Back
Top Bottom