Open water dive PADI in Bangkok HELP!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, they have to keep their DMT's at work as well :D

This in my mind is a big down fall with the internship 'zero to hero system', in effect once you reach a certain level in your training, you then become a trainer yourself, so in effect you have paid to work for the shop, alongside 'hopefully' getting your own qualification.
This scheme may be ideal for some people, and no doubt in some cases is run in an ethical manner. But this system is also open to abuse as this thread would seem to suggest.

My friend booked her PADI with SAFRA Singapore. She took her classroom lessons here, in Singapore also her pool activities here. She was due to fly to Tioman for her OW dives. All in all she paid about 500SGD odd. And that is including the airfare and accomodation and all.

So its like, the prices are about the same here or Thailand. Well if a Tshirt in Thailand could cost you 4 SGD while a Tshirt in the UK could cost you 10 BPounds. It is just a matter of where you take the course I suppose. Nonetheless...Guys, IM FLYING OFF TOMORROW!!

SHOULD I OR SHOULD I NOT BOOK MY OW PADI CERTIFICATION WITH DJL??? A vote?

:D

This in my mind is a big down fall with the internship 'zero to hero system', in effect once you reach a certain level in your training, you then become a trainer yourself, so in effect you have paid to work for the shop, alongside 'hopefully' getting your own qualification.
This scheme may be ideal for some people, and no doubt in some cases is run in an ethical manner. But this system is also open to abuse as this thread would seem to suggest.

What has 'Zero to hero' got to do with the price of an open water course on Koh Tao?

I wish you guys would not quote LK in your replies. So much for my "ignor list".
Anyway, orangiraffe, enjoy your course, you got some good advice!

Lots of others also said they put me on ignore, but they quite clearly haven't?????

LK...did you ever think about posting anything positive and helpful on the forum?

Perhaps the endless barrage of snide and unsubstantiated remarks is why you only ever got thanked once, despite being a regular contributor....

I just re-read it and don't have the heart to pull the thank you away :) Actually, it was a helpful post IMO. Worthy of the thank you. Let's see what happens moving fwd.

LK...did you ever think about posting anything positive and helpful on the forum?

Perhaps the endless barrage of snide and unsubstantiated remarks is why you only ever got thanked once, despite being a regular contributor....

Yes I post a number of positive remarks on here

How can you say my posts are unsubstantiated when most of them are about my actual diving experiences.

Due to circumstances I spend most of my time in Pattaya, a city which I love, however the diving around the area is far from the best, and most of the shops in my mind offer a low level service compared to what I have experienced in other parts of Thailand and around the world. Not speculation, because I have dived with most of them over the years. Suggest you give some of them a try let us know your opinion.
If you like shops that employ instructors illegally, use unqualified people to do training courses, lie to their customers, use old and unsafe equipment, dont train students correctly, dont provide customers with what they promise. I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy yourself.
Not snide and ubstantiated remarks, these are actual facts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom