Open Water class #1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chr,
When we dove at Chankanaab park in Cozumel, I was a little underweighted and communicated this to the divemaster, who led us a little way to a "hidey-hole" he has, next to a rock, where he dug up a weight and put it in my bc pocket, lol. It was perfect and we continued our dive without having to ascend. Pretty smart guy, huh. Turns out he has hiding spots all over the park, since that's where he works/dives, every day (he has worked at the park for 20 years, been diving for 30).

Foo

mikkilj:
Snorkeling intro went great as well, although I need to figure out a better way to attach my snorkel to the mask; it was tugging on it at a funny angle and causing leaks.

-=* Mikki *=-
Snorkles are evil pieces of crap. I have to wear one during class but I have a roll up snorkle I stick in a pocket when I'm diving on my own. I hate those things.

FYI, my name is Chris, I just accidentally put a space in there wehn I registered and now I am stuck with it. :06:

Al, a roll-up snorkle, what a great idea. I didn't know there was such a thing, we all need one. I hated to ditch my snorkle because of the safety factor, but it was so nice diving without it the last time we went. I'll look into the roll-up snorkles now. Thanks for mentioning that.

And Chr... I really prefer to think of you as reallllllllllllly hip. Very cool nick, you did good. :)

Foo

Foo, snorkle is all rubber, like an inner tube on a tire but with thicker walls. Ya just have to look for one, they used to make them all the time. Soft material that ya can roll up and put in yer pocket, and cheap too.

Do they make those anymore?

sealskin98:
Foo, snorkle is all rubber, like an inner tube on a tire but with thicker walls. Ya just have to look for one, they used to make them all the time. Soft material that ya can roll up and put in yer pocket, and cheap too.

Do they make those anymore?

You might be thinking of the Sherwood Avid folding snorkel. Here's a link to their website

http://www.sherwoodscuba.com/snorkels.html

Nope, no hard plastic in the constuction. It's all soft rubber, tube is rubber also with no "break-over" feature to compromise the integrity of the snorkle. Simple, flexible, and cheap.

Like I said, do they still make those things anymore? Haven't looked lately.

I work next to a dive shop - so I snapped this picture of one rolled up for you - it is $38.95, so simple and flexible yes, but cheap this one is not (maybe lp has one cheaper - maybe you can make one also)

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom