Open Source Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know if I was working on code for a dive computer it wouldn't be the only thing on my arm when I went diving...

Lol very much agreed. I would only use this has a hack project for fun. Would never rely on faulty hardware i create my self :D

Don’t get too excited, you have to read it next. The point was that you could mess with the computer you bought from them. I believe exactly one person did that.

Yeah it looks like ANSI C and Assembler. It's been a few years but I've done a fair ammount of assembler coding. I guess next I need to figure out what processor specificlaly is in use and get the instruction set information. That's pretty critical to writing useful assembler code.

That’s harder than starting from scratch with a sensible processor that can do it in a proper language. TBH I was put off their product by reading the code.

I have been thinking a little of building an Arduino thingie.

My idea was to first build it as an gage/log only, then add functions later.

Back
Top Bottom