Open heel fin Ques.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I'm leaving for MKE in the morning (24 May), I'll be in the area (more or less) 'till bug season in FL.
What ya got cooking?
I'm staying on a small lake outside of town, it's diveable during the week when the boat traffic is down.
About 30 years ago I struck it rich on old bottles out there. (packed 'em up & shipped out East) We were yanking 50 - 100/day out of the place, all "blob tops".

Sangria

My favorite Wine.

I like closed fins, only I rarely get to use them, I live in Florida and have been certified since 74. I will be diving springs today and using booties with open fins.

You need to decide what type of diving you will be doing.

Booties are available in different thickness's.

When I lived in Hawaii, I did not use a wet suit. We always used booties, and you would go through a pairr often. the reason is that most of the diving was from shore over razor sharp volcanic rock.

today I will taking the boat along the springs. I willhave the booties on to put to boat in while on the ramp etc.

CLosed fins often are small and not as strong and open heel. If you need the finniing ability you probabaly want the open fin.

Anyone interested n Diving the Florida pan handle, drop a line

Attached is a photo of the beach at Morriosn Sprngs

My wife & I are fairly new to diving, but we find, having dived in Cuba and the Dominican, it is really convienient having the smaller more lightweight full foot fins to travel with. they pack well and are significantly lighter than our large open heel fins and boots.

Back
Top Bottom