"Open-circuit and finning are for peasants"

Who would want to purchase one of these t-shirts?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 76.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking at getting T-shirts made:

OPEN-CIRCUIT & FINNING
<image of CCR diver with DPV>
ARE FOR PEASANTS

As we can never have enough dive related T-shirts, who would want one?

I guess if I understood the humor, maybe? Don't we all have to fin to doodle around underwater, but its the style of finning that make us pros? Please insert all the links "here" to be underwater educated. :acclaim::drunks:

I guess if I understood the humor, maybe? Don't we all have to fin to doodle around underwater, but its the style of finning that make us pros? Please insert all the links "here" to be underwater educated. :acclaim::drunks:
DPV = Diver Propulsion Vehicle, aka underwater scooter. No finning necessary.

Perhaps find a way to express your feelings for CCR and DPVs that does not involve insulting every other diver?
It is completely a joke based upon threads going sideways.

Unfortunately, I cannot include a sense of humor with the t-shirt.

I don't even own a proper DPV btw. When Landon shared a picture of a diver on sidemount with a DPV with the text "Finning is for peasants", I laughed my arse off. All this is based on that image.

aha! I did not see the picture, it was just - <image of CCR diver with DPV>

aha! I did not see the picture, it was just - <image of CCR diver with DPV>
I haven't made it yet. Now mind you, this is COMPLETELY a joke. I don't have disdain for OC divers (I still dive OC from time to time) and I don't have a proper scooter. Now a scooter will make more dive sites accessible to me in the Seattle area.

But it is meant to be in a joke. I'm shaking my head as to the people taking offense.

It is completely a joke based upon threads going sideways.

Unfortunately, I cannot include a sense of humor with the t-shirt.

I don't even own a proper DPV btw. When Landon shared a pi. cture of a diver on sidemount with a DPV with the text "Finning is for peasants", I laughed my arse off. All this is based on that image.
Nope. Still not seeing any humor here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom