Oops, these are different nudis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_C

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I posted a photo saying that this was a typical NC nudi. But I don't think it is.
The one we see fairly frequently, even though it is supposed to be local to Florida is the "Florida Royal Sea Goddess" Picture taken last week is below and on the left. Not my best shot but tells the story. The other picture on the right is one that I thought was a FRSG but now that I look more carefully this second one has continuous yellow lines instead of broken lines and a more streamlined shape.

Any ideas what it is?

Attachments

• nudi77.jpg
    nudi77.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 63
  • nudinc.jpg
    nudinc.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 60

That is a good call. My photo is looking straight down. But the two front horns are orange just like in the linked to photo. Also you can see a touch of orange just as the yellow stripes start over the face which is in keeping with the colors of chilluna. Slender yellow tail fits also.

I could be wrong but I think that Sandy's photo may have a yellow/orangish cast to it. There are usually some white looking polyps in NC coral photos.

My photo was taken at 60 ft on top of a wreck in 85 ft of water.

---------- Post added October 10th, 2013 at 08:58 PM ----------

Checked your photos. Which of those nudis did you see in NC waters. Always nice to know what is actually likely to be around.

Found another photo shot in the same area but from the side. Not as good a photo since flash lighting is uneven but you can see the reddish/orange colors on the underside. No question it is the same nudi that Sandy photographed.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom