Oooh...Oooh...Ohh My God!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you guys so very much! You all just made my birthday terrific!!!

A little story here:

Those of you who know me might now that I've been working hard on my SCUBA training. I couldn't swim before I learned to dive. Today, at the Comal River, I completed my 450 yard swim in 9 minutes and 2 seconds! I wanted so bad to tell someone - anyone; but there was no one there with "me" and no one at home waiting. I patted my self on the back for the entire 5-hour drive home today, but still had that "nobody cares about me" feeling no matter what I did.

You guys just made my day! I came home and found all these messages from my dive buddies, and now I know that what I did at 7:30 this morning was definately one more step in the right direction cause I know that as long as I keep diving I'm always gonna have a terrific bunch of friends. Thank you all so much!

Tina

scubatexastony:
From non-swimmer to DM canidate! Sweet!:D

tony
Thanks Tony! Now if I can just find my mask, snorkel and fins at the bottom of the pool....

Actually, I have the 75ft under water on one breath to finish as well, and then a lot more face time with students; but I'm loving it. :)

Happy belated one Twinklez,
You're a brave girl - the Comal's nice this time of year, but I hope the outside temps cooperated with you too. Been jonesing to head down that way but don't want to get out of the water into 50 degree air temps.

It was a delightful 45 degrees mid-day Saturday and mid 50's on Sunday. Brrrrr!!!

But hey - I'm a scuba diver; I'm tuff! :)

Update - Out of 12 DMC's I finished 2nd on 100 yard tired-diver tow lastnight, and my tired diver was the biggest guy there. Just give me my fins!!! :)

Twinklez:
I wanted so bad to tell someone - anyone; but there was no one there with "me" and no one at home waiting. I patted my self on the back for the entire 5-hour drive home today, but still had that "nobody cares about me" feeling no matter what I did.
Tina

Tina, you shoulda called ME, gf! You know I am happy for you, dang girl. You are one determined woman. No wonder I'm glad we're friends.

Twinklez:
I wanted so bad to tell someone - anyone; but there was no one there with "me" and no one at home waiting. I patted my self on the back for the entire 5-hour drive home today, but still had that "nobody cares about me" feeling no matter what I did.
Tina

Tina, you shoulda called ME, gf! You know I am happy for you, dang girl. You are one determined woman. No wonder I'm glad we're friends.

Happy Belated Birthday! See you soon at the swamp.

Thanks Teri!

Looking forward to the weather getting warmer; miss my friends! You know as a DMC, participation is mandatory in Trashfest at Tyler State Park this year. It's 2 days this year with a Diver's Rodeo as well as the clean up and treasure hunt. Steve put me in charge of the Marshmallow Relay. There will be a couple of Nav courses, a bouyancy contest (how low can you go), something about swapping attire, and even a Triathlon of sorts. Should be a lot of fun. Reserve your campsite girl!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom