only sherwood??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laserdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is the sherwood oasis the only reg out there that does not give you dry mouth during a dive???

You can defeat dry mouth by learning to intentionally let a little bit of saltwater into your mouth to swish around.

Some people put some toothpaste on their mouthpiece to stimulate salivation...

And staying really well hydrated is another great idea.

-Brandon.

Rather than get salt water in your mouth try this....
Think of a favorite food for a moment, let the slaiva flow for a bit. Remove your regullator and with your mouth closed irrigate you mouth. Replace the regulator.

Your mouth is refreshed and you did a skill drill.

Sherwood seems to be one of the few using it as a selling pont. Generally a metal case regulator will combat dry mouth inherently.

Pete

I got drymouth just as bad with my sherwood as i do with my diverites ,actually i probably got it worse

terrasmak:
I got drymouth just as bad with my sherwood as i do with my diverites ,actually i probably got it worse

What model? The feature is not universal, only the Oasis, Blizzard and Maximus have it. I sometimes get dry with my Blizzard but it's infrequent and minor. I'll admit I don't have a lot to compare to.

The Brutt and Magnum should be parching.

Pete

Actually I really like my Oasis and I remember when I got it about 10 years ago how big of differance I saw when I used it. WOW!
Also wondering when it is time to upgrade a reg?

spectrum:
What model? The feature is not universal, only the Oasis, Blizzard and Maximus have it. I sometimes get dry with my Blizzard but it's infrequent and minor. I'll admit I don't have a lot to compare to.

The Brutt and Magnum should be parching.

Pete
I had the maximus , the model from about 2 years ago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom