ONLY 1 day to dive Phi Phi Island...Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hleighaz

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I are venturing to Thailand for the first time in December. We have a lot of things we want to see and do. We will be taking Thai Cooking Classes, Canoeing Phang Nga Bay, and getting some R & R. Any additional Recommendations are appreciated as this is our first time.

We have set aside one day to do a three dive Phi Phi Island day trip. Does anyone have recommendations (other than to dive more) for dive charters that we should go out with?

Thanks in advance.

She is staying in Phuket on Karon beach.

Nicest trips IMO from Phuket: Monday and Friday, 3 dive trip (1 dive Koh Doc Mai, 2 dives Bida Islands) with Dive Asia, bookeable with Dive Asia or any of the agents here on the web. At the moment the charge for this trip is 3,400 Baht, at the moment I don't know the December prices yet. Equipment rental is not included in the 3,400 Baht, but breakfast, lunch and dinner are, as are transfers, drinking water, diveguide, etc.

I last dived Phi Phi 10 years ago - I hope it's not changed too much?! 1) Shark Point (I mean the one in Phi Phi - not the one in Phuket) with plenty of Leopard Sharks and beautiful landscape was one of my favorites. 2) Also like the area around the southern little bay in Bida Nok - dive direction North West from there. 3) The southern part of Bida Nai.

Hi stevenl,
Hmmmm... Maybe it has another name now? That's what the dive shop I was with called it (PPK). Cant remember the exact location, but it was somewhere to the East of Phi Phi Ley - not much longer of a boat trip than to the Bidas.

Hi hleighaz,
There's a monkey (I think Gibbon) relocation facility in a beautiful forest you can visit and donate. It was cool to observe and see the good job the staff was doing there.

Yes, I think I know which site you mean. Better known as Hin Bida? The names can be confusing, and divesites with different names are very common. Plus there are also Thai names, like Shark Point (between Phuket and Phi Phi) is also known as Hin Musang, and there are many more examples.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom