ONLY 1 day to dive Phi Phi Island...Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know of - didn't dive there - the "real" Shark Point. The one I was mentioning - very possibly Hin Bida, as you say - was a great place for spotting Leopards at the time. And a beautiful landscape full of fire corals and sandy areas. Loved it!

We will be staying at the Hilton in Phuket. Any other recommendations as far as what to do topside?

Yes, quite a few :) Please do check my blog for some ideas... :)

As for a day trip to Phi Phi, I totally recommend a trip on the Offspray Speedboat - trips are more expensive than on the big boats, but you have only 10 divers rather than 25 - 30, you get to Phi Phi in less than 1 hour rather than 3 hours..

Offspray Speedboat

not totally true stevenl there is also phi phi sharkpoint a small divesite just east of the bida islands but i dont think any of the phuket boats go there .
so far only the phi phi boats go there it's a very small dive site with no shelter from any current so only around halfmoon it's good for diving .

greetz from phi phi

There is only one Shark Point, almost midway between Phi Phi and Phuket and Krabi.

I thought that was the same site as Hin Bida. Learned something again today.

So you have 2 sites with the same name and to both you organise daytrips. Maybe time for a namechange?

I dived "Phi Phi Shark Point" / "Hin Bida" a few times some years ago when I was tour leader on the MV Koon. Good dive site on a good day, but rather exposed if you have a current or big waves.

Sweet. Considering that we are already limited on our diving time, I like the idea of spending more time under the water. I will check them out.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom