Online Source for buying Simple Green

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomRep Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
Does any of you know of an online source to buy Simple Green online?
Because no one sells it in my country, and I will have to bring it myself, for O2 cleaning some equipment...

DomRep Diving once bubbled...
Does any of you know of an online source to buy Simple Green online?
Because no one sells it in my country, and I will have to bring it myself, for O2 cleaning some equipment...

Simple green is not approved for oxygen cleaning.. If you have to bring stuff in why not get the correct chemical..

Blue Gold is an APPROVED cleaner for oxygen cleaning

http://www.bluegoldcleaners.com/applications.htm

padiscubapro: Nice product, but the smallest they have is 5 gal. and trust me, bringing that to my country will cost me even more than a new reg...
They look pretty nice, but I know some people who use simple green, and never heard a problem... and without the proper equipments, it will never be 100% clean, so I guess I'll go with the Simple Green....

kjunheart:
Thanks for all those sites!
It is not as expensive as I thought it would be...

But now the question is ... which one to use for O2 cleaning?
When I searched for it, they have lot's pf bottles... which one should I get?

:)

DomRep Diving once bubbled...
padiscubapro: Nice product, but the smallest they have is 5 gal. and trust me, bringing that to my country will cost me even more than a new reg...
They look pretty nice, but I know some people who use simple green, and never heard a problem... and without the proper equipments, it will never be 100% clean, so I guess I'll go with the Simple Green....

kjunheart:
Thanks for all those sites!
It is not as expensive as I thought it would be...

But now the question is ... which one to use for O2 cleaning?
When I searched for it, they have lot's pf bottles... which one should I get?

You can get it(blue gold) in 1 gal jugs.. If you are stuck on simple green get the clear industrial version.. I don't remember off hand what they are calling it..

I especially like blue gold because its reusable.. it bonds with the impurities and it just has to be passed through a filter..

It also has a rust inhibitor which helps protect steel tanks..

Any saftey or health issuse with the use of bluegold?
As in if i get the stuff on my hands or inhale it are my kids gonna come out looking like flipper?
-greg

padiscubapro once bubbled...

Simple green is not approved for oxygen cleaning.. If you have to bring stuff in why not get the correct chemical..

??????

Excuse me? NOAA who, if they did not invent enriched air diving, sure was at the forefront of it, uses and recommend simple green. All that is required is a degreasing agent that will remove hydrocarbons and not contribute any of it's own.

As O-ring said common dishwashing liquid or 409. I wonder who told him that! :wink:

Dave D

As O-ring said common dishwashing liquid or 409. I wonder who told him that!
Vance Harlow, page 11

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom