Online merchants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
Alot is said in these threads about the performance of LP, Diveinn and a few other Online Merchants.
What about the smaller operators?
Does anyone have any bad experiences with these stores?

I recently forked out a few hundred dollars to "diveremporium".
Its been well over a month ago now, and i doubt I will ever see the goods. Im just taking it as a "bad move"

I was just wondering is this a common thing in the USA?

Dave

Yes, I get an email every few days saying that its "on its way"
If it is in OZ customs, that may explain the delay, and I cant really blame the merchant.
However, why it needs to be in Oz customs when being shipped from AZ to GA kind of baffles me.:D

Dave

I recently (six months ago) bought a fair amount of gear from DiveUS.com They may be different from other online stores, as they also have a retail store in San Diego. I actually went to the store and tried some things on before buying. I ended up buying from their website, as it was cheaper than from their store, and the goods arrived in less than a week. I guess I expected to have a bad experience with Internet buying but was VERY suprised by this outfit. I would definitely buy from them again. Just my two cents...

Stogie1020,

Most internet shops has a retail store. For me here in NYC, LP is a LDS, albeit one you don't have to establish a relationship with. I could try 20 different regulators with tanks sitting around or get a checklist of all the BC I am interested in and try them out all under one roof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom