Online E-learning "Dive Theory" Dive Master Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NewbieScubyDoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dive Physics - 88%
Dive Physiology - 84%
Dive Equipment - 90%
Decompression Theory & Recreational Dive Planner - 90%
Diving Enviroment - 100%
Dive Skills - 86%

One has to pass each section with a 75% score or higher on each section.

I now have to take a "Final Assessment" that I assume, are questions from all 6 sections.

Does anyone know how many questions or give any guidence on how to prepare for the final?

With all 6 sections, as encompassing as all will be, I wonder if there are any parts of each, to pay particular attention to.

FYI - It had been daunting to say the least to take and pass successfully the 6 sections as I have severe Dyslexia. It took endless hours on each section as well as reading the, "The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving" as a reference, as well as friends who helped advise when my Dyslexia kicked into high gear!

Any advice or "heads up" would be greatly appreciated!

I would love to help, but I have never actually seen the online materials. The PADI online courses are carefully designed to take you step by step through the learning and preparing you for the final. There are no tricks designed to fool you. If you are really solid on the tests above, you should do well.

Congratulations on your work so far!

60 questions. You can assume a distribution from that. Review what you've learned and things should go just fine.

I would love to help, but I have never actually seen the online materials. The PADI online courses are carefully designed to take you step by step through the learning and preparing you for the final. There are no tricks designed to fool you. If you are really solid on the tests above, you should do well.

Congratulations on your work so far!

Thanks John!

60 questions. You can assume a distribution from that. Review what you've learned and things should go just fine.

Thanks! I thought it would either 5 or 10 questions on each section.

Appreciate the time to reply!

Section
Quiz Score
Date
Divemaster Introduction
26/Jul/2014
Supervising Diving Activities
26/Jul/2014
Assisting with Student Divers
27/Jul/2014
Diver Safety and Risk
Management
27/Jul/2014
Divemaster Conducted
Programs
27/Jul/2014
Specialized Skills and Activities
27/Jul/2014
The Business of Diving and
Your Career
27/Jul/2014
Awareness of the Dive
Environment
27/Jul/2014
Dive Theory Review
27/Jul/2014
Final Exam
Exam Score
Date
27/Jul/201

It was pretty easy, multiple guess questions, with 2 possible answers being pretty absurd and easy to eliminate from your choice.
The 2 written tests you do with the Dive center is also pretty tame. The hardest thing for most will be the swim of 400m in the time allowed- I did it in under 5minutes for a score of 4 not bad for a 45 year old. In saying that I dont see this course as much use for the average rec diver, be better off doing a tech course(rebreather) or solo diver course(TDI) especially if your into photos UW. If you really "need" or "want" to teach scuba, this is way forward- people like devon diver, who I have now more respect for after doing the plastic card DM course. But me I am another expired PADI DM, it does help me with knowing how to properly lead a few OWD's from my private boat, legally.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Those scores seem pretty good....

Dive Physics - 88%
Dive Physiology - 84%
Dive Equipment - 90%
Decompression Theory & Recreational Dive Planner - 90%
Diving Enviroment - 100%
Dive Skills - 86%

One has to pass each section with a 75% score or higher on each section.

I now have to take a "Final Assessment" that I assume, are questions from all 6 sections.

Does anyone know how many questions or give any guidence on how to prepare for the final?

With all 6 sections, as encompassing as all will be, I wonder if there are any parts of each, to pay particular attention to.

FYI - It had been daunting to say the least to take and pass successfully the 6 sections as I have severe Dyslexia. It took endless hours on each section as well as reading the, "The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving" as a reference, as well as friends who helped advise when my Dyslexia kicked into high gear!

Any advice or "heads up" would be greatly appreciated!
lol, the final assessment is a single question "did you do all the sections yourself and will you discuss any questions you didn't understand with your instructor."

click agree, 100%.. job done.

people are giving you different answers because they think you mean the dive master course, but the dive theory online isn't just for DM, and has no final exam.

Section
Quiz Score
Date
Divemaster Introduction
26/Jul/2014
Supervising Diving Activities
26/Jul/2014
Assisting with Student Divers
27/Jul/2014
Diver Safety and Risk
Management
27/Jul/2014
Divemaster Conducted
Programs
27/Jul/2014
Specialized Skills and Activities
27/Jul/2014
The Business of Diving and
Your Career
27/Jul/2014
Awareness of the Dive
Environment
27/Jul/2014
Dive Theory Review
27/Jul/2014
Final Exam
Exam Score
Date
27/Jul/201

It was pretty easy, multiple guess questions, with 2 possible answers being pretty absurd and easy to eliminate from your choice.
The 2 written tests you do with the Dive center is also pretty tame. The hardest thing for most will be the swim of 400m in the time allowed- I did it in under 5minutes for a score of 4 not bad for a 45 year old. In saying that I dont see this course as much use for the average rec diver, be better off doing a tech course(rebreather) or solo diver course(TDI) especially if your into photos UW. If you really "need" or "want" to teach scuba, this is way forward- people like devon diver, who I have now more respect for after doing the plastic card DM course. But me I am another expired PADI DM, it does help me with knowing how to properly lead a few OWD's from my private boat, legally.
you're talking about the DM e learning, the original poster is talking about the dive theory online e learning. they are two separate courses.

I'm pretty sure the DM e learning is impossible to get anything other than 100% because it won't let you move to the next question until you have it right...

the dive theory online course definitely does let you get questions wrong because it means you don't have to do some of the written DM exams. it also covers stuff beyond the level required for DM.

Yes, I was referring to the Dive Theory E-learning course that has 6 accessment sections and after you pass all of them, there is one "Final" test.

The "Final" was Padi's version of their sense of humor.

Was one question only. "Do you promise to go over your incorrect answers with your Instructor".

After studying all 6 accessment sections, for about 5 hours a day to get myself ready for this "Final", I was not amused.

I did however, complete, my Divemaster certification and now waiting for PADI to send me all the credentials!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom