Online E-learning "Dive Theory" Dive Master Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Know that General Standards trumps individual course standards.

It's the other way round. For example, GS&P states a maximum 8:1 ratio for open water training dives, but the DSD guide says 4:1 (For an instructor). The individual course guide trumps GS&P...

I am thiking to goahead with DM courses, eventually.
This elearning courses do replace the DM manual or not ?

I am thiking to goahead with DM courses, eventually.
This elearning courses do replace the DM manual or not ?

'Divemaster Online' (eLearning) does meet the DM manual requirement (you still need to buy the other materials). But 'Dive Theory Online' does not meet any manual requirement (full Crew Pak required).

Do I have to buy those 2 to start learning online ?

I have no idea when I will exactly take (or not) the dm course but I am thinking to learn online on my own
Any limit time to do a dm course when I purchased an online course ?

Neither are mandatory. You can study the whole theory by book alone. It's depends on the time frame you have for the course, but I prefer to teach the theory face-to-face with students...

It's the other way round. For example, GS&P states a maximum 8:1 ratio for open water training dives, but the DSD guide says 4:1 (For an instructor). The individual course guide trumps GS&P...

Whoops! Thanks, you have it absolutely correct! What I should have said is, start with General Standards first in attempting to answer a question, and only then proceed to an individual course.
Some questions regarding issues during a course are "tricks" in that there is not a specific standard listed in the course. The answer instead derives from a standard under General. But if it's mentioned in both places, @Bubble Junky is absolutely right: the amendment in the course modifies the General Standard. (He ought to know...he's a Course Director!)

Thank you for helping me not lead the OP astray!

Last edited:
And I prefer too but right now I'm not available to take a dm course but I have internet and I can eventually take the books.
I think I will do that if there are no limit date to finish the dm course.

And I prefer too but right now I'm not available to take a dm course but I have internet and I can eventually take the books.
I think I will do that if there are no limit date to finish the dm course.

I'm working fron memory, but I believe you have only one year with both e-Learning courses from start to graduation. I did something similar and took Dive Theory online just for interest's sake before I became a DM, much less an Instructor. By the time I took the IDC, my Dive Theory time limit had expired and I had to retake the course online in order to not have to deal with Theory during the IDC.
The same thing may apply to the DM course. If you don't take your exam within a year, the online grades no longer apply.

I understand. And how much those Quizzes are updated with newest questions ?
I mean when was the last time those elearning courses got an update ?

Yeah I guess I will go on amazon and buy some books/ebooks instead cause I really don't plan to do a DM courses and I want to learn more about theory and stuff.

'Dive Theory Online' is only specific to PADI courses ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom