O'Neill J-Type 7mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calves

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased an O'Neill J-Type 7mm with integrated hood. I made the purchased because it fit me but especially the price. I will be trying it in Monterey Bay, CA next weekendasI complete my Open Water Certification dives. Does anyone have any reviews/comments about the wetsuit and will it be enough to keep me warm in Monterey, CA. Thanks.

I just purchased an O'Neill J-Type 7mm with integrated hood. I made the purchased because it fit me but especially the price. I will be trying it in Monterey Bay, CA next weekendasI complete my Open Water Certification dives. Does anyone have any reviews/comments about the wetsuit and will it be enough to keep me warm in Monterey, CA. Thanks.

Yes, I bought one of those w/ the integrated hood and love it, as I'm all skin n bones I need the extra layer of fat for warmth. It keeps me toasty in the Bay and even at depth. The only thing is the size I bought was one size too small!!!

So I purchased a larger size and have a size Medium for SALE if anyone wants it. Great suit, and well made. Only wore my Medium a few times but I use the larger one all the time. Have to be careful that you walk around in it before you leave the store - lol! Guess I was just too anxious to go dive in it!

~Enjoy

Yes, I bought one of those w/ the integrated hood and love it, as I'm all skin n bones I need the extra layer of fat for warmth. It keeps me toasty in the Bay and even at depth. The only thing is the size I bought was one size too small!!!

So I purchased a larger size and have a size Medium for SALE if anyone wants it. Great suit, and well made. Only wore my Medium a few times but I use the larger one all the time. Have to be careful that you walk around in it before you leave the store - lol! Guess I was just too anxious to go dive in it!

~Enjoy

I know this thread is old, but when I saw that Ready Diver was looking to sell his O'Neill I tried to PM him. Unfortunately he has PMs turned off...since I cant find the option to send him one.

I hope he logs back in. Ready, if you see this please contact me if you still have that wetsuit.

I know this thread is old, but when I saw that Ready Diver was looking to sell his O'Neill I tried to PM him. Unfortunately he has PMs turned off...since I cant find the option to send him one.

I hope he logs back in. Ready, if you see this please contact me if you still have that wetsuit.

Saw your post - logged back in - but my suit is sold (I don't know how to edit my last message to reflect this).

Still have a Magnum PURGE mask & some Blades Fins size XL for sale if anyone is interested.

It was a great suit though.

J Type is THE BEST and Warmest suit in it's class. If you have the right body style for it there is no better fit, no better quality and just no better suit on the market, but it needs to fit the customer right. This is one of my favourite Mexico or Bahamas Cave Diving suits too, because it's so dry and awesome.

I wish O'Neill had a stronger presence in diving, as Henderson and most other companies can't compare.

Back
Top Bottom