One of my biggest fears almost became a reality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
One of my worst fears is one of the cruise boats sinking or a plane Vs vessel accident.

Not very far fetched as we have some big cruise boats and a lot of plane traffic around them. Sometimes the boats will raft up during a cruise so they might have over a thousand drunks running around.

Well, the Marine boys are just starting an investigation on a plane Vs vessel accident that totaled both of them.

Why are the details sketchy you might ask? It happened a while back and got covered up. I still don’t know how it surfaced.

But what appears to have happened was a plane landed right on top of an $80K speedboat. The boat may have been cut in half and the plane lost a float and cartwheeled in.

How nobody was killed is a miracle.

I can’t say much about what happened next but I will tell you when I can. It may lead to someone spending some quality Martha Stewart time by the time it’s over.

Time will tell. Looks like we will be diving when we get a better location. It's close to where we have two missing kids from another acident 20+ years ago.

Gary D.

Off subject, but speaking of those big dinner cruisers, I got yelled at by the captain of one the other night.

Our regular Tuesday dive group was diving off Tubs and three of the guys had veered into an area that the ship cruises over (they were looking for a small boat we know about at 90'). Two of us were a ways away on a surface swim when the captain started yelling in great anger at us. He had spotted the bubbles of the three divers coming up from near his boat, and he was none too happy about it. The diners just stood there gaping at us, cocktails in hand as the captain continued to shout his displeasure.

I yelled back, "Unless you have an 85' draw I wouldn't worry about it." (Those boats have maybe, 5') But this didn't help. So I just yelled that I would tell them about it after the dive, and he went back into the wheel house shaking his head.

I think the customers enjoyed the show.

If it is on the southeast side of the light it's the "Cougar", one of the old 40' Tugs from the early 1800's.

That's what "Bang Sticks" are for. :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
That's what "Bang Sticks" are for. :D

Gary D.
:rofl:

I'll call you to bail me out!

Rick Inman:
:rofl:

I'll call you to bail me out!
hehehe I just might be in there with you.

Did you pass the paddlewheel that came off the Spokane River Queen on your way down the ledge?

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Did you pass the paddlewheel that came off the Spokane River Queen on your way down the ledge?

Gary D.

There you go again!

NO, and I've got a good 80 or 90 dives there. I've never seen this paddlewheel, or the Indian BBQ pits or the human remains, or the bottles or the silver dollars, or any of the other cool stuff in that lake you keep telling me about.

I now pronounce you King of the Scuba Snipe Hunt.

But hey, at least you keep me interested in the dives there! :D

Tomorrow I'm diving in Lake PDR, past Sandpoint at Trestle Park to try to find the supposed train wreck there. Know anything about that??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom