One day diving recommendations for Caymans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phaelon56

Reaction score
I reactivated my interest in diving in 2002 with a recertification and five days of diving in Belize, then followed up with the PADI AOW cert last winter in Cozumel. I absolutely loved the diving in Coz and will return but the GF is determined to take a cruise this fall. The route includes a stop in Coz and I already know what dive service I'll use there (Blue Angel, with whom I had an excellent experience previously).

Any suggestions for a reputable service in Caymans? I prefer small fast boast and groups of no more than 6 - 8 divers max - am willing to pay a bit more for better experience. Also.... any suggestions on "must see "dive sites if in Caymans for only one day?

phaelon56 once bubbled...

Any suggestions for a reputable service in Caymans? I prefer small fast boast and groups of no more than 6 - 8 divers max - am willing to pay a bit more for better experience. Also.... any suggestions on "must see "dive sites if in Caymans for only one day?

If time is an issue and the logistics preclude hooking up with a dive op, remember that Eden Rock is an excellent shore dive site and is within easy walking distance of the Cruise Shuttle dock. They rent gear as required and of course have tanks and weights and lockers for your use (for a small fee).

JohnF

If you mean Grand Cayman, (and you've never been there), then I would suggest Stingray City and North wall dive.
If you are talking about Cayman Brac, then you would want a site on the north west side of the Brac like east Chute or Strawberry Wall or maybe School bus for deep, followed up by Plymouth Rock for shallow.
If your talking about Little Cayman, then anywhere in Jacksons Bight or Bloody Bay, like maybe Mixing bowl or Meadows.
Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom