One Chinese diver missing in Galapagos and another missing in Komodo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the same dive boat with the lady from China who went missing. I just want to clarify that she was a certified diver. She had about 100 dives under her belt and was not in a drysuit. We don't know why she didn't surface from that dive in Cabo Douglas. It was a relatively easy dive compared to Wolf and Darwin that we did just days before. This was a terrible accident and we will probably never know what the cause was.

Hello Lee Ann. How long did the boat search for the missing diver? I'm just curious what the procedure was and how it also impacted upon the rest of the trip. PM me if you prefer not to talk about it in public.

... I say this after spending 1 week with a certain group of divers in the Maldives - the highlight of which was the free swim with giant Manta Rays - the idiots didn't know how to snorkel properly and worse kept on swimming into the Manta Rays and kicking them with their fins. I was livid.

sipadiver,

Did they do it on purpose? Or by accident? Jeez... Happy 2016 :)

---------- Post added January 1st, 2016 at 02:46 PM ----------

... She had apparently been ill, eating almost nothing that morning and sitting out a dive. She was seen in video footage towards the end of the dive, but was not present at the surface. ...

DTG,

If this is true, it's possible that she went unconscious, or behaved like she was drunk, from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). I was a paramedic in New York City. We treated a LOT of patients who were hypo- (or hyper-) glycemic. Fortunately, those patients were above water when they passed out or started behaving strangely.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom