On My Way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalus

The Good Humor Guy
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After long deliberation on my next duty assignment and influencers that have come to light. I have chosen to go back home, Fort Bragg, North Carolina. It was a neck and neck with a prime assignment in Florida but the Tar Heels won again by a landslide like they are going to do in the NCAA tournament. No offense to the nice people in Florida but North Carolina has it all. Got my notification yesterday after making that call to branch and telling them my choice, and looking foreward to PCS'ing there, meeting up with old friends and diving with them.

VR
DMP

How many hours for me to drive there?

To Wilmington will be about 10 hours, Fort bragg I think is about 8-9, of course thats from my workmate, who knows how he drives!

DMP...JUMP on into Bragg.....oh what a sick pun !!!

Anyway....glad youre coming to join us here in the sunny south. I am deploying to Germany for about two and a half months then back home. Maybe we can get together and do a dive. What unit you going to??

Penny......dont you dare come down before I get back!!! My Streets and Trips indicates it is about a ten and a half hours drive. Interstate most of the way...but not all the way. A good solid day anyway.

Within just over an hour we have Fantasy quarry.....and two hours away we have wilmington. Lots of dive boats out of there.

later guys..
rich

2BDE, 2BN that is the plan if all goes well. Diving will be the upmost priority with me. Gotta look for a small pace to hang my beret and store my dive gear now.

RICHinNC:
Penny......dont you dare come down before I get back!!! My Streets and Trips indicates it is about a ten and a half hours drive. Interstate most of the way...but not all the way. A good solid day anyway.
Pue may need to fly that one. :)
And not sure I can handle being away from DMP that long. :15a:

pennypue:
Pue may need to fly that one. :)
And not sure I can handle being away from DMP that long. :15a:

You would fly into Raliegh then take a hop into Fayetville Airport if I am not mistaken or, you might be able to fly right into Fayetnam :eyebrow: .

I wonder if the club that was featured in the book "Breaking Ranks" is still open? I hate it when names slip away (important ones at least). Well got to hop and pop now, there's a bar to go to and my seat is gettin cold and a dart board that is open. Maybe I can entice a few patrons and take their drinkin money from them.

Hey Rich and Tain we do need to get together and hit the AO like good airborne soldiers do, and have some great diving as well. If your married bank up on the kitchen passes :eyebrow: .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom