On my way to Rescue/Public safety diver. Primary/secondary lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmsstoneworks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an Orcatorch D710 and I am looking into affordable options for another light. I wanted to get some opinions as to if I should use my D710 as a primary and get another smaller light as a backup. Or should I get something a bit brighter and consider the D710 my backup?

We have a bunch of the princeton tec sectors, but theyre older. Not bright, and are clunky and annoying to use. I would like to keep my lights as compact but as bright as possible, with good battery life, of course.

Thoughts?

I came across a very positive review for the SecurityIng dive light, which you can find for $50. It arrived this morning so it will get tested tomorrow as my secondary light. But it has a tight 9-degree beam and feels solid. It can be used with rechargeable batteries, but I'm going with alkaline C cells.

I came across a very positive review for the SecurityIng dive light, which you can find for $50. It arrived this morning so it will get tested tomorrow as my secondary light. But it has a tight 9-degree beam and feels solid. It can be used with rechargeable batteries, but I'm going with alkaline C cells.
Thanks! Keep me in the loop. I will look into it.

Just curious.... Is this for a actual job or is it some kind of specialty course?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom