On Maui 7/1 - 7/14. Will be kayak soloing and luv some company!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be on holiday on Maui next month from July 1st to July 14th. Based in Kihei. Only diver in our group of families. Will be renting dive kayak for duration and with WAAS GPS, will be soloing from it at various spots of interest. Picked thus far are the "landing craft," St. Anthony/tire reef, Hellcat, & Carthaginian. If any of you would be so kind as to pass along any knowledge of which of those has a buoy (usually submerged a couple meters – yes?), I would be most grateful! I also would be very grateful for additional site suggestions.

To beat trade winds and both land and water traffic, thinking shore shove off @ 0600 to 0700hrs. I could be convinced otherwise though by the locally knowledgeable. Would only do 1 of the spots listed above on any given day. Considering multiple dives at some spots. And likely would hit some of them more than once on successive days. As stated, would love the company of confident, self-sufficient local divers, think tandem solo diving. Lunch and a beer at least for your "trouble." I'll be primarily shooting pics and critter spotting. This will be my first trip there with an UW camera. Know that whilst on holiday I'm determined to set my own relaxed dive pace. Compared to my native Puget Sound waters, yours there are to me so warm and clear that I feel as if I'm diving in a giant pool. The lack of all my usually necessary neoprene is also very liberating. My SAC skyrockets out there … listen to me. I'm daydreaming about it again. Bloody H but I am ready for this trip.

TIA
Cheers
TSL

I don't believe any of those sites have buoys. Hope you find a dive buddy. I'll be on island for part of your trip, but I'm boat diving with Ed Robinson's a couple of days since I'm flying solo this trip.

not sure about the buoy's but can offer some sites to shore dive. Five Graves is great, and just down from there is Makena Landing, actually most of the South West side of the Island down by Kehie is where we did our shore dives. We did the St. Anthony and the Goodyear Reef saw a huge turtle ont he wreck. Anyhow, if you are looking for a guide the king of shore diving there is Shaka Divers IMHO, check out his website if you should decide or the solo thing doesnt work out. Reasonable rates about 89 bucks for two tank shore dives, he knows where to find all the stuff and is lots of fun. Have a blast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom