Oms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHADOW-DIVER

Registered
Reaction score
I am starting to do more technical dives. Does OMS make a good setup for using 2 tanks? Also, do you know wherer you can purchase there equipment online, I can't seem to find anything. Thanks

<grab my
4.gif
sit back and wait for the cool-aid to start dripping -- this ought to be good>

OMS gear is mostly fine... a lot of people have problems with OMS as a company because they do some really boneheaded things and advocate some really boneheaded gear setups.

I prefer Halcyon over OMS or Diverite personally. That's just it, it's a personal preference for each individual. Some people like OMS, some like OMS, some like Diverite... and some even make their own! :O :wink:

SHADOW-DIVER:
I am starting to do more technical dives. Does OMS make a good setup for using 2 tanks? Also, do you know wherer you can purchase there equipment online, I can't seem to find anything. Thanks
If your gear choices are dictated by peer pressure and you want to look like 'everyone else' then stay away from OMS. If you are serous about diving and looking for good quality equipment that will last for a long time I would recommend their stuff. As mentioned above, they do have some products that don't make sense for a most of the diving I (and many others) do. The huge bungied dual bladder wings seem to be a little over the top and their 'slop winder' is just stupid. I have owned a primary reel , a set of tanks, a bottom timer for 5 years now and have never had any problems.

OMS?

Speaking from my personal experience, I can't imagine a company that is more frustrating to deal with. OMS? King of "Back Order" and "Vaporware".

So...my shop...that carries OMS exclusively (for tech gear)...finally has begun to see the merits of offering BP/wings to recreational divers. I was excited to see that the OMS single wing was pretty darn good. Finally we put one on display for sale. "Right on", I exclaimed, "but where is the plate and harness?" We called OMS for an order. "Sorry, we don't have plates available...you know...with the steel shortage and such."

The sad part is...that response really didn't surprise us.

Yah, some of their gear is very nice. But...

I have a oms bp and i love that it had rounded edges and there not sharp like the diverite was. another good bp is a halcyon bp. when i get a chance to get a nother wing im going to get the oms or halcyon wings (not sure witch one yet)

but they make good equpment

Hey guys.

If you are out of country, OMS is much popular choice than Halcyon and DR. Maybe it is because OMS might have a longer history than any others. I am not arguing OMS is better, but market share and popularity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom