OMS; Turtles Compared to Jets for large feet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serrada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've been diving old Deep Sea booties size 14 with XL Jets. The booties are Done Done.

I purchase Henderson booties, too big. Then I purchased Pinicale 3mm sock booties, fit fine but not riggid making them very uncomfortable. Now, I got a new pair of Deep Sea booties at LP and their too tight.

So I then got Jet 2XL and they are way too big for booties.

So, now I'm thinking of going to Turtle 2XL, 3XL; OMS XL. How do these compare to Jets and any help with my sizing problem.

Thanks

I got a pair of Turtles because I started working for a shop that does not carry ScubaPro, in an effort to support their line. I found that the foot pocket crumpled and flexed, spilling a fairly significant chunk of power. The fins are definately too big for me, and this may be contributing to the problem. We just got a flyer saying that XS is now shipping the smaller sizes, so I might give them a whirl and get back to you on this, but for now, I'm quietly wearing my Jets.

I wear size 15-16 shoes. Tried XL jets, too small; XXL jets, too tall; Turtles, they work but kinda big with wetsuit booties; OMSXXL Slipstream, use it wet or dry with size 17 chucks.

I wear size 15-16 shoes. Tried XL jets, too small; XXL jets, too tall; Turtles, they work but kinda big with wetsuit booties; OMSXXL Slipstream, use it wet or dry with size 17 chucks.

Since you have experiance, how do the OMS compare to the turtles?

My biggest concerns are how do the OMS and Turtles compare to the Jets? Otherwise I might just keep searching for the perfect bootie.

All I really only need fractions of an inch wider and taller pocket size then the XL Jets so, what I'm wondering is if the XL Oms Slipstream or the XS Scuba Turtle Fins NEW 2X-Large which both claim to have the same foot pocket as the XL Jets have a slightly wider &/or taller foot pocket.

That might be a questions no one will be able to answer, so I might just purchase them all and do the measurements and post them or send them on to kidspot to include in the work he has already done.

Since you have experiance, how do the OMS compare to the turtles?

Hey, since you seem to be sorta local, if you like you can borrow my turtles and try them out. Just drop off your jets as collateral. If you like them I'll even trade you for good... my Turtles are too big for my size 10.5 feet. If you don't, we can swap back. PM me if you're interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom