OMS Slipstreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn't look like the smaller Slipstreams will be available any time soon. I received an email from OMS saying that they're redesigning the foot pocket and changing the length of the new Slipstreams. The other choice for a lighter, stiff fin seems to be Dive Rite. I tried out a pair of Mediums last week,and while they're a little longer than the Slipstreams, I can frog kick and back up with them, and it's easier from me to keep my feet up while wearing them. They have nice spring straps included too.

.......okay, tried these out at Vortex a few weeks back. Love them. However, although they feel like they fit, the roof of the foot pocket rubbed a small blister on the top of my right foot. Not that big of a deal or that painful, but is there a "break-in" period for Slipstreams. In other words, does the foot pocket soften a bit with each use?

I tried a pair of XL Slipstreams with my Diving Concepts suit size 9 soft boot and found my foot was too wide to go in fully. LDS is ordering XXL for me to try.

I tried a pair of XL Slipstreams with my Diving Concepts suit size 9 soft boot and found my foot was too wide to go in fully. LDS is ordering XXL for me to try.

My LDS received a pair of XXL OMS Slipstreams for me to try on. The XXL foot pocket felt as large as the Turtles which I think are size XXXL. My foot was flopping side to side on the inside. I tried on the XL size again and managed to get my foot in further. I figured the drysuit boot will also squeeze (get smaller) under water.
I bought them with spring straps and hope to try them out soon.

.......okay, tried these out at Vortex a few weeks back. Love them. However, although they feel like they fit, the roof of the foot pocket rubbed a small blister on the top of my right foot. Not that big of a deal or that painful, but is there a "break-in" period for Slipstreams. In other words, does the foot pocket soften a bit with each use?

I have the same problem with my slipstreams. Top of the pocket rubs my foot raw, not sure if maybe its because my foot goes too far into the pocket. Size 10 5mm boot. Was thinking about taking my knife to the top of the pocket and creating a little room.

Does the XL Slipstream have the same wedge-shaped foot pocket as the XL Jetfin? I ordered a pair of XXL Slipstreams and they were far too wide for foot.

Bob

Does the XL Slipstream have the same wedge-shaped foot pocket as the XL Jetfin? I ordered a pair of XXL Slipstreams and they were far too wide for foot.

Bob

Pretty much identical.

XL Jets, XL Slips, XXL Slips:
Thumb_1-XLjet-XLslip-XXLslip.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom