OMS Slipstream sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

For those who have experience in OMS Slipstream fin, may I request your opinion on their sizing? I need something slightly smaller than a Scubapro Jetfin XL. I am wearing TLS 350 drysuit with ML turbosole. My feet size is US Men 8. L size SP jetfin is too small and XL is a bit too large.

Thank you.

L size OMS should fit you well. I have same shoes size, US Men 8. Jet XL is fine, just a little loose maybe. Jet L is very tight. OMS L is a bit smaller than Jet XL. I use them for warm water diving

I hate to worry you, but it really depends how old your Jets are. Scubapro changed the sizing on the Jets a few years ago. So a current XL is not the same as a XL from several years ago.

Hi,

For those who have experience in OMS Slipstream fin, may I request your opinion on their sizing? I need something slightly smaller than a Scubapro Jetfin XL. I am wearing TLS 350 drysuit with ML turbosole. My feet size is US Men 8. L size SP jetfin is too small and XL is a bit too large.

Thank you.
Be aware that the OMS Slipstreams will be MORE BUOYANT compared to the ScubaPro Jetfin as well. I wear a thin wetsuit bootie men's US size 8, and the medium size OMS fits much more snug that the medium SB Jetfin --both with aftermarket spring straps installed. I would say go with a Large Size (XL would be too big) to fit over the turbosoles of your TLS 350 drysuit. . .

kwinter has a point. But if IIRC, it is the XXL of jetfin size got reduced between old time and recently run. XL remain more of less the same. I am no expert in jetfine size. Here I upload a picture between my XL jet, L OMS, L jet, in that order from left to right. Hope it helps.

20130315_223825.jpg

What about a size 11 wet boot? XL Slipstreams? Are they in between the Jet XL and XXL?

I hate to worry you, but it really depends how old your Jets are. Scubapro changed the sizing on the Jets a few years ago. So a current XL is not the same as a XL from several years ago.

It also depends on where they are made. There were some posts a while back about Taiwanese-made Jet fins that had different sizing and rubber. This may be of importance because the OP is in Hong Kong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom