OMS Slipstream fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only had out-of-water experience with them.....they look identical but the OMS are light , very light compared to the SP. They are also not made of the same rubber but rather of a more conventional fin plastic (thus the weight diff)

I like em, get them with SS straps. Oh and they float ( don't ask).:D

yup they are nice kinda light though and the blades seem to be wider and angled more that the jets. very pricey imho.

Oppp sorry I used Scuba Jet, Please tell me how the performance...

Cheer
Jason

I'm interstested in these myself. I usually have no need for the weight of the Jets, and these might be a nice alternative when I am diving wet.

I personally have a pair of old US Divers Compros that are a Jet Fin copy from the early 80s. While they are not the same fin they seem to have some characteristics in common with this other fin.

The Compros are slightly buoyant. I believe this really reeks havoc on you when doing or attempting to do you CG drills. Having the negative weight of the Jets should have an impact in this area, so I am personally about to replace my Compros with Jets.

My fins are also made of a plastic instead of the rubber that is used on the Jets and consequently are a bit softer and more flexible than the Jets. This makes them less effective than the Jets when doing a variety of kicks. I'm not sure how stiff the fins in question are, but it is something to consider.

Christian

I am seriously looking at these fins as they are available in the Philippines. I want the lighter fin. Can anyone answer these questions?

1. They seem to only come in XL and XXL?

2. What is the size relatio to a jetfin? I have a large jetfin and want just a bit bigger. XL jets are too big for me

3. How long and wide are they? Cant find any specs on the website.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Paul

I ordered a set 2 weeks ago. I should get them Sat. I will let every one know.

partridge:
I am seriously looking at these fins as they are available in the Philippines. I want the lighter fin. Can anyone answer these questions?

1. They seem to only come in XL and XXL?

2. What is the size relatio to a jetfin? I have a large jetfin and want just a bit bigger. XL jets are too big for me

3. How long and wide are they? Cant find any specs on the website.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Paul

They are made from the same mould as the Jets, thus sizewise they are almost identical.

For sizes, refer to the Jet's dimensions or look up KidSpots website here for the sizes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom