OMS Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pawel:
If you are from FL, you may also consider Sydney instead of Vegas :eyebrow:
"Location: SoCal" means Southern California, Vegas is a wee bit closer than Oz. :wink:
DEMA will be in Vegas this year ( :dazzler1: ) so I might get to see the rigs you had on your booth at OzTek ... since your rapper name is O-Meister-G maybe they should send you over. :D

caveseeker7:
"Location: SoCal" means Southern California, Vegas is a wee bit closer than Oz. :wink:
Yes, but at least it is only water in between. :D

caveseeker7:
DEMA will be in Vegas this year ( :dazzler1: ) so I might get to see the rigs you had on your booth at OzTek ... since your rapper name is O-Meister-G maybe they should send you over. :D
Not quite, Divesafe.net is representing OMG in US just like Apollo does in Australia and NZ. What time is DEMA this year? I have the next 8 months almost fully allocated for diving and filming (got my priorities right) in locations even more colourful than Vegas. We will see if we show the little units at DEMA. It has not been discussed yet. Still early days.

Cheers,

Pawel

debersole:
Divesafe.net recently moved and are now located in Las Vegas, Nevada but their website is not updated yet. Mauricio DeFendi, their owner, is a really great guy and has always been very helpful to me regarding parts, service, etc for my Azimuth. To contact them, email info@divesafe.net

I must reiterate my concern with Azimuth support. I was sent a faulty tank valve(visible defect inside valve) that did not seal with o-ring on 1st stage. As a result, I had 2 complete free-flow events underwater. Mauricio was nice enough to replace the defective product "free of charge". He also sent me a DIN fill adapter for the price of $50. The product I received did not fit on existing tank first stage because the stem was too long. Mauricio was nice enough to fix this defective product by "milling" off the stem for ANOTHER $50!!!! $50 + $50=$100 for a flippin fill apdapter. Why wasn't it right in the first place? Same with the tank valve. $100 for 1st stage o-ring kits! YOU WOULD BE BETTER PURCHASING EACH O-RING COMPONENT SEPERATELY AT YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD DIVE STORE. I am sure there have been numerous individuals who have nothing but good things to say about Azimuth support. In all of my 20 years of diving though, I have never experienced a 100% failure rate for component support(literally), incorrect part shipment and outrageously priced components. My 2 cents.

Sorry you have had such a bad experience. Again, I have had no problems with parts, service, etc. with my Azimuth. Maybe I've just been lucky.

hornetplt - I would be a bit upset to be charged $50 to fix a defective filler, too. I know it's "only" $50 and not worth losing sleep over, but dang!

I am thinking about the Azimuth and your story is a bit discouraging. I would definitely take them to task if I were in your shoes. (now I'm going to butt in and give unsolicited advice, but it may help because I've been in retail so long that I know which approach works.) I'd call the guy, explain in a friendly way what happened, then ask "what can you do to fix this?" It works because now they can't just say "no," they actually have to answer the question!

Since I'm thinking about the Azimuth, let me know if you have just given up on them for good support, or if they ever do anything about it. I'd appreciate knowing everything I can about their service. Sorry to butt in!

Mr. Conclusion - I am quite satisfied with the Azimuth in terms of overall construction but would strongly recommend spending the extra money and going the CCR/ECCR(KISS) route, or even better going with PRISM, etc. I have since converted my Azimuth to a manually controlled CCR(still use a 75-80% NITROX mix to use 1.4-1.6lpm flow rate - as low as you can go on manually adjustable metering device), the money invested is far more than I imaged($4500-azi, $750 Explorer ppO2 gauge, VR3 w/CCR software $1200 = $6400). After going through the SCR training, I realized the efficiency gained with an SCR unit wasn't worth the extra weight/maint. I am being quite general here, but have discussed this in greater depth on a different post.

MrConclusion:
hornetplt - I would be a bit upset to be charged $50 to fix a defective filler, too. I know it's "only" $50 and not worth losing sleep over, but dang!

I am thinking about the Azimuth and your story is a bit discouraging. I would definitely take them to task if I were in your shoes. (now I'm going to butt in and give unsolicited advice, but it may help because I've been in retail so long that I know which approach works.) I'd call the guy, explain in a friendly way what happened, then ask "what can you do to fix this?" It works because now they can't just say "no," they actually have to answer the question!
I am in the US military stationed overseas and am not afforded the luxury of phone conversations with a company who take weeks to respond to a single e-mail. Back to the filler question - Remember, I was sent a product that is incompatible with my Azimuth! Why? How could this be? I was then charged an additional fee to "fix" the product? ***? How could I possibly be sent a tank valve from the original manufacturer that is incompatible with a product they sent me. I take this issue very seriously as THEY are responsible for my equipment failing underwater. I was never provided an explanation for this nor was I given the common courtesy of an apology. I put myself in their shoes and would have handled this completely different.

Hornetplt,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I can not comment on the individual case you had as I don't know the details. However, $50 for a refill adaptor is not "outrageously expensive". In fact, it is a good price, which I would pay any time. They may look simple, but there is a bit of engineering, hassle and responsibility involved :11: Not that I am trying to justify anything, but I guess the problem is that there seems to be two tank valve standards that are very similar, but not quite. And, when ordering, I wouldn't even know how to tell one from another. It has been a difficulty to me too and I am a representative for the company. Some tanks can be refilled with one type of adaptor only (shallower) and for other tanks it does not matter. I am hearing that those valves are bit more common in Europe and most dive shops would have a suitable adaptor to refill them. As far as I know the adaptors are not included with the rebreather as a package.
I know, from the customer's point of view it does not look good, but I can assure you that we do care about customer satisfaction and, if it was in Australia, I would consider this as a no-cost claim to get the right adaptor, even if I had to pay it out of my own pocket. I am also sure that Mauricio ment well and wanted to help, they are a good bunch. I imagine it cost him more than $50+$50 to get the right thing for you.

Anyway, I hope you will like your Azimuth :07:

Cheers,

Pawel
OMG/Apollo Australia

Back
Top Bottom