OMS Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unproductive

Registered
Reaction score
"Current development programs include a new upstream regulator, redesigned high efficiency lighting systems and a fully closed circuit rebreather. "We will continue to expand our core sport and technical SCUBA equipment line as well as our industrial and medical systems product line."

Source: http://www.omsdive.com/corp.html

Never would have guessed.

Interesting. I’ve seen photos of an OMS branded (Mares) Azimuth; wonder what happened to that...

If this thing does ever materialize, I can only imagine how hard it will be to get spare parts. I am currently waiting for a reply to 8 emails and 6 phone calls to their customer service. Who knows though, maybe they will bring in new people for this.

I am the owner of an Azimuth and the parts/support has been frustrating. I sent in a damaged tank valve and received a new valve that was not compatible with first stage o-ring. After 2 failures underwater, they replaced it with no explanation or apology. An o-ring kit for JUST the first stage regulator cost $50. They also sent me a tank fill adapter for $50 that did not work(adapter stem was too long). I sent that back and they "milled" the attachment off for another $50. I also asked for new mushrooms valves for the mouthpiece.......they sent me 2 complete inlet and exhaust valves for $50 EACH. I guess they will make for good spare parts in the future, but....
If you go with OMS(and in the US) you can pretty much plan on finding the compatible Mares parts on your own otherwise you will be spending a lot of money.

I just started reading "mastering rebreathers" in it there's a picture of an RB with an OMS logo on it. Anyone know what that is?

Babar

babar:
I just started reading "mastering rebreathers" in it there's a picture of an RB with an OMS logo on it. Anyone know what that is?
It's the Azimuth active-addition SCR made by the Italian company OMG.

Originally Mares wanted to distribute it, hence the use of Mares regs and gauges.
Mares bailed out, and it was distributed by San-O-Sub. I'm not sure were OMS fits in, maybe they were (considered) early on as a distributor for the US market. That is now handled by Divesafe.net in Florida.

OMG is a large Italian company building a myriad of rebreathers, mostly for military applications. The Castoro and Caimano series of O2 rebreathers are among them. The Nemesis eCCR was shown at several DEMAs, but never sold to civilians (at least not yet, anyway). OMG just introduced two more CCRs at the Australian OzTek show, both front-mounted like O2 rebreathers. One is manually controlled, the other electronically.

Divesafe.net recently moved and are now located in Las Vegas, Nevada but their website is not updated yet. Mauricio DeFendi, their owner, is a really great guy and has always been very helpful to me regarding parts, service, etc for my Azimuth. To contact them, email info@divesafe.net

Vegas? :D
Whole lot closer to L.A. than FL. And I agree, Mauricio is a great guy.

caveseeker7:
Vegas? :D Whole lot closer to L.A. than FL.
If you are from FL, you may also consider Sydney instead of Vegas :eyebrow:

I dived the new Azi a few times and it is quite nice for some dives. Strong positives are good balance underwater and heaps of onboard bailout, the main negative is const FPO2 diving, of course.

Cheers,

Pawel

WaTeRwEaSeL:
"Current development programs include a new upstream regulator, redesigned high efficiency lighting systems and a fully closed circuit rebreather. "We will continue to expand our core sport and technical SCUBA equipment line as well as our industrial and medical systems product line."

Source: http://www.omsdive.com/corp.html

Never would have guessed.

Any price yet on this unit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom