OMS Phantom 10W HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabooty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been looking through the forum to find info on canister lights and have found some good info on many different manufacturers. I am going to be considering several - however, I would like to narrow down some comments to just the new model (2007)OMS Phantom 10W HID for now, as that is the one I have found the least comments about. If you have one or have used one, could you please tell me any pros or cons that you found with it? Is there anything you didn't like about it? Is construction sound?
Thanks.

I have the old style with the NiHM battery, although I think the main differences are the Li-ion battery and the way the cable is sealed.

I like my little light. It's rated for four hours of burntime, so one battery should last the whole day. I also like the size of the lighthead and the fact that the switch is on the lighthead. The ONLY thing that I don't like is that it's not focusable.

I bought my light in 2004. The switch started to act up in 2006, so it was sent back to OMS for repair. I think it took a little while, but I eventually got it back. The light cord had a short in it late last year, although I fixed that myself. I haven't had any flooding issues. The battery is starting to lose capacity. I use the OMS charger on trips because it's smaller, but when I charge the battery at home, I use my MAHA C-777+.

That being said, I'm looking at getting another light, although I do plan on keeping my OMS for a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom