OMS Manifold valve parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an older OMS manifold that I am going to be using on a set of double 72's, but the isolation knob is leaking. It was pulled apart and found that the brass gasket at the bottom was worn away significantly. Now I was told by Jack Stanton of OMS that I need a valve kit, part #V-400K, but I'm having a hard time finding anyone local to get it for me. So I would like to know if there are any reputable online stores, or even non online stores on this board that carry OMS and could order the kit and mail it to me in Canada? I've looked at ScubaToys' website, but it seems they are not an OMS dealer, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

I've ordered various OMS equipment from Scuba Toys before in fact I have some pockets,shears and some hardware on order with them now. They dont list OMS but they are authorized OMS dealers. But it takes a little while for them to get the stuff in though.

I'm not aware that you could order from OMS directly, I think you have to be a dealer.
It would awsome if you could order from them directly though due to the fact that when I order OMS items through my LDS it takes awhile usually a month or more till they get it in.

If you find a way to order from them directly let me know

Jimmer:
I have an older OMS manifold that I am going to be using on a set of double 72's, but the isolation knob is leaking. It was pulled apart and found that the brass gasket at the bottom was worn away significantly. Thanks,
Jim
I have never seen the copper gasket go, but I have seen many of the stem o-rings go bad. A lot of times you can re-use the gasket. If not the gasket is just about the same size as those used in standard Sherwood valves and you should be able to get one from any LDS.

Check the teflon washer on the stem and put on a new o-ring and you should be good to go.

Copper gaskets are common items at auto parts stores. They are used to seal oil pan drain screws and to repair carburetors. In a pinch, I use a gasket from a kit for a Volvo 4 cylinder. This washer fits an old style OMS K valve (bonnet gasket) or Thermo K valve. I feel sure there are several sizes available off the shelf.

thanks guys, I'll check into that. My instructor and I were both surprised, but it is about 1/3 gone. We think the stem might have been bent and rubbing a little harder on one spot.

The copper gasket is almost certainly not the leak point. It gets compressed when you tighten the bonnet nut, so it's normal for it to look flattened. As others have mentioned, it's usually the teflon washer. You might also have to replace the stem and/or bonnet nut if they've been damaged.

You can use parts from standard Thermo or Sherwood K-valves in OMS manifolds, so you don't really need to order the kit from OMS. Any shop that does repairs should have the parts on hand.

Great, I wasn't sure if OMS parts were proprietary. I'll get a Sherwood kit and I'll be on my way.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom