OMS LP85s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Sharpe

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can someone tell me who sells OMS tanks?

I've been looking on-line and found lots of their other products but....

The reason I'm asking is that I've got a chance to pick up a pair of used OMS LP85s that are already set up as doubles and I'm trying to establish a fair price.

TIA

Yup, Faber made them. As for price, the cylinders are fine cylinders. Some do like the coating but to me the real question would be the bands and manifolds. OMS bands are okay. I would ditch them in a heart beat of most others. The same with their manifolds. Most doubles no matter their bands, manifolds, and cylinders are in the $400-$500 range.

I have a few sets of OMS tanks including doubled 98s and 112s. They are made by Faber and are great tanks. I go them in 1999 and they still pass hydro and VIP as if they looked new. I would agree on Scared Silly on the manifolds. The knobs are made of a hard plastic and I have broken them in a cave before (bad buoyancy day). I would prefer rubber knobs and will probably switch to them eventually. The coating on the tanks is very nice as well. It may chip on you, but still looks like very nice.

Not sure what a fair price would be for them. Depends on their condition and age.

If you find a place that sells them let me know. The dive shop I bought them from went out of business so I would love to get a few more of them.

I had a very bad experience with the paint on some OMS 121 cylinders. One little chip and water migrated under the paint and created some serious damage in a very short time.

There is no comparison between the paint and finish on Faber versus OMS. Faber cylinders hold up much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom