OMS K2 light any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you can get good quality batteries online for less than $1 a piece

I found a source awhile ago for the $1 Cr123 in my opinion the $2 name brand batts were much brighter. A quick google search will get you tons of places to buy them.

At first I bought the rechargeable kind from radio shack and I almost burned down my firehouse. SO, the inexpensive disposible batts from now on.

I recently got an EBL2200 from Sartek and like it quite a bit as a primary light for clear water. I tend to like narrow beams, but I don't think this is too narrow for most folks. Sartek has two versions, one with rechargeable batteries (18650 batteries) and one with AA batteries.

I got the rechargeable, but the light output is supposed to be the same. I haven't used the OMS, so can't comment on it.

PS If you go with the K2 also buy the oxycheq light sock for the Raider 3/4 it fits well and looks super cool all in black. Cheers...

Can anyone comment on the differences between the Vega and K2 Vega, other than double the lumen output?

Are the internals identical, save for the "newer" LED?

I have a pair of original Vegas I picked up for a steal and am curious if I can buy cheaply, or DIY, a newer LED in the older model to obtain the same performance as the K2?

Can anyone comment on the differences between the Vega and K2 Vega, other than double the lumen output?

Are the internals identical, save for the "newer" LED?

I have a pair of original Vegas I picked up for a steal and am curious if I can buy cheaply, or DIY, a newer LED in the older model to obtain the same performance as the K2?

The reflector is different, the Vega smoothe and the K2 is dimpled. The heads are not interchangeable. thats as much as I can see. Perhaps you could try and PM "packhorse", he floats around this board, as he seems to be very knowledgeable about the more technical side of light. Hope this helps. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom