OMS HID Phantom 21Watt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwfletcher once bubbled...
OMG ... I just received it and it is a BEACON!
Where'd you buy it?
Rick

Hi My name is John .I am a Commercial Hardhat diver. I spend approx 35 hours a week under water doing underwater construction at various depths and temperatures and in all kinds of conditions. I have used both the OMS HID and the OMS 30/50 watt halogen. Most of the time I work in zero vis conditions. I have found the halogen to be a far better light than the HID over all. The HID is new on the market and has not had enough time under strenuous working conditions to be put through a vigorous testing yet. On the other hand, the OMS halogen light is tried tested and true. I have met others in my line of work who agree with me. I have used the OMS halogen for 5 years now and it is by far the best underwater light on the market. Right now, I own four of them and have never hever had problems with any of them under the worst conditions imaginable. Email me at diverdown108@hotmail if you have any questions. I also have a brand new one for sale at a steal if your interested.

John

I am not trying to be a SmartA** but if you never Ever have problems.....why do you need 4?
I can see having a backup canister because it is your livelihood but 4?

New member today....no profile...and just happen to be selling one after praising the hell out of that model to the board?

I bought it on Ebay from a dive shop that was going out of business. I used it to dive the HMS Yukon in San Diego last week and the natural HID coloring was amazing. It is also a multifunction unit ... I am heading over to Catalina tonight to whack lobsters over the head with it :maniac:

pwfletcher:
I bought it on Ebay from a dive shop that was going out of business. I used it to dive the HMS Yukon in San Diego last week and the natural HID coloring was amazing. It is also a multifunction unit ... I am heading over to Catalina tonight to whack lobsters over the head with it :maniac:
I think we all still wonder where the He... you got the 21 hid so cheap as for 699?

Is it the older model 21W because it was my understanding they still haven't released the newly designed 21W...that would explain the price.

Back
Top Bottom