OMS Evoque quality? support? service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Librarybarry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently ran across the sale of some OMS Evoque reg sets: former rentals, includes 1st, 2nd, octo, SPG. ~18 months old.

I’m new to diving and the price is intriguing, but I don’t have much info to go in as far as support. I see more talk of OMS harnesses and wings than their regs. One local dive shop carries OMS, so I’m going to stop in and ask about service/support/cost of a service, but thought I might ask if anyone here has experience with the regs.
Thanks.

Historically OMS had a terrible customer service reputation, though not sure if that's changed.

Thanks for this. I have found this to be the general wisdom from other sources, and I do appreciate your input. I've decided to purchase different regs/new regs. I am tempted to purchase used, but I'm new to scuba and don't have the know how to service--yet. Spending 400 for the sets and then another possible 300 or so in service/labor starts to seem much less like a deal, too.
But I am looking forward to taking a course with @rsingler or similar to learn to do things myself.

That was the very old OMS before they were bought out by DUI and BTS (German company). Very different now.
I've heard that as well, just not willing to take the chance as I am totally new to diving. I have heard from someone not too far from me that their particular shop has great relationship with the OMS rep in my state. The fact that the regs probably need service makes them a no-go for me at this point, though.

I've heard that as well, just not willing to take the chance as I am totally new to diving.

That was perhaps true MANY years ago, circa 10 years ago.

That was perhaps true MANY years ago, circa 10 years ago.
Do you have personal experience with OMS and these Evoque reg sets? I'd love input from someone who has used them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom