OMS Evoque/Airstream or SP MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stokes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone with experience with the OMS Evoque + Airstream? How does it stack up against SP!

I've been using a SP MK20/S550 for the past 15+ years without any issue (regularly serviced), but am looking to get a new set and make my older one a spare.

Am quite satisfied with SP, but the OMS piqued my interest with the angled ports. Looking for feedback from people who have tried it. Do the angled ports make a noticeable difference in lessening drag? Cleaner hose routing?

Costwise, it seems the OMS evoque/airstream is 2/3 the cost of a new SP MK25/S600.

Both brands are serviced by my LDS.

Attachments

• IMG_4961.PNG
    IMG_4961.PNG
    266.9 KB · Views: 125
Check out the SP Mk21 then

Was hoping to get views also from people who tried th OMS. The angled ports made me curious.

SP mk21 or mk25 would more or less already be a given in terms of quality.

Just looks weird to me.

Never used them. Couldn't say.

the point is to have a bit less stress on the hoses by having the points angled.

stick with SP to keep your servicing simpler. finding someplace to service the oms or getting parts will be harder as they have fewer dealers. 1/3 savings is not worth it if you plan on keeping the reg long term. if you want a reg that will still be straightforward to get serviced, look at dive rite or deep 6 if you don't mind mailing them out.

the point is to have a bit less stress on the hoses by having the points angled.

stick with SP to keep your servicing simpler. finding someplace to service the oms or getting parts will be harder as they have fewer dealers. 1/3 savings is not worth it if you plan on keeping the reg long term. if you want a reg that will still be straightforward to get serviced, look at dive rite or deep 6 if you don't mind mailing them out.

Thanks! My LDS services both SP and OMS, and have been a satisfied customer for over a decade. Not really willing to mail things out to get serviced.

Back
Top Bottom