OMS/Dive-Rite/Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain CaveMan:
its a lot hard to get us to the pull dump not having a bulb on the string. when your wearing a thick glove..

You get used to it... I dive Monterey with 5 mil gloves with the original string

I can't say I've had any issues with the stock Halcyon string using it in very cold water with drygloves.

VT: can you tell us what OMS products you felt were low quality, and why you felt that way?

I had the venture wing and on my model the pull dump was on the tank side of the wing.. the venture wing is nice if your skin diving with a 3mm but if your with a famer john and 25lbs it doesnt have enough lift. mostly when at depth and the wetsuit compesses and loses its boyance. thats why i went with the halcyon 45lbs. i could of went with the 35lbs but they didnt haveit in stock and he gave me a good price on the 45 witch i happer i did.

as far as the sting im not going to tear into a new wing and take it apart. im going to brad 2 other lins to that one to make it thinker..

unless someones got a extra pull dump that they could sell me CHEEP then i will do it.

Captain CaveMan:
as far as the sting im not going to tear into a new wing and take it apart. im going to brad 2 other lins to that one to make it thinker..

unless someones got a extra pull dump that they could sell me CHEEP then i will do it.

I am as mechanically disinclined as they come. But, you really should unscrew your pull dump and look at it to understand how basic it is before you make that statement. Also, taking it off makes it much easier to clean the wing.

i do take the pull dump off to clean out my wing and i doo understand how it work.
its very simple. i dont wana ruin my pull dump and not have a extra on hand.
dont want to be stuck in that boat on a dive trip.

I've modified (enlarged) the string on my pioneer and my explorer.
I got an eclipse a few months ago and have left it stock because I learned how to use it.

fwiw - If you are travelling one thing to consider is how small the Pioneer folds up - I could not believe the small box it arrived in - probably only 6x6x6 (or whatever the length of the STA rods is) - and the wing was only filling up half of it... Because of it's single bag design it is very compact. Just a consideration - btw I have the 27#.

I also used the Venture for awhile - and one thing about the lower dump valve is that having it on the "tank side" it was a little harder to find, but you could feel the bubbles and regulate how much you vented very easily (with bare hands that is - wouldn't matter if you wore gloves)

Aloha, Tim

OMS has a new wing I just saw. The Larry Green Signature series...WOW very, very nice! Never thought I'd say that about an OMD wing but its true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom