Omega II second and What I thinnk is a Oceanic DX3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Akimbo what you are saying is for $118 dkh6070 can have a good working upper end regulator instead of paying $280 for a low end unbalanced piston regulator I agree and I said earlier he should have it serviced.

I should have been more clear, my apologies. Mostly I was suggesting factory service for the Omega instead of at an LDS if dkh6070 choses to use it.

I am a big proponent of unbalanced first stages, especially for newer divers, due to the low-air warning provided by their performance curve. There are several decent ones around for under $200. I am torn though because I personally like the Omega second stage so much.

From a cost standpoint, there is a lot to be said for buying an <$200 regulator, using it for 2-3 years, selling it for $50-$75, and buying another one instead of paying for annual service. Wash in fresh water and visually inspect the inlet filter is all that really needs to be done.

Last edited:
The OMEGA II is one of the best regulator second stages ever made, but few techs know how to work on them properly.

I am a big proponent of unbalanced first stages, especially for newer divers, due to the low-air warning provided by their performance curve. There are several decent ones around for under $200. I am torn though because I personally like the Omega second stage so much.

No problem on the other thing but low-air warning provided by their performance curve is not a good thing use a J valve and a air integrated computer with a alarm. Also at depth and low gas level and two people breathing off an unbalance first stage is all bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom