Omega Flip Fins - NOW $149.99!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber, I could use an XL... I would be more than happy to buy them off of you at the standard 50% used scubaboard pricing.....this way you can buy the Large...:) I wont even charge you the dinner :)

Just in case anyone is wondering about these fins.

I purchased a pair months ago. mostly because I thought they looked well interesting. I was not sure if I liked them for the first several dives. I mean they worked OK but the kick didn't seem as efficient as a spit fin.

But after about dive #5 or 6 I was sold. I watched as people entered and exited the water stopping to play the balance in the shallows whilst trying to remove fins and not fall game. I thought of how easy I've had it.

I have about 35 dives on these now and I love them. I don't take them off between dives as they have become so easy to walk in I forget they are on.

Now for the bad. I split one of the foot pockets last Monday so they are out of service and I am not looking forward to going back to my splits. No not even for a short time.

Now the GOOD. I e-mailed OMEGA and they answered within a day and said "send the fins in and we'll send a new pair out" Now that is impressive. A warranty that is actually good. I have not sent them back yet but the go into the mail this Monday.

This is just my 2 cents.

Ber, I could use an XL... I would be more than happy to buy them off of you at the standard 50% used scubaboard pricing.....this way you can buy the Large...:) I wont even charge you the dinner :)

Nice try :D I'm now the proud owner of the XL pair and a Large pair of the ones with the shorter blades. I find out the weekend of June 28 how the XL's work with my drysuit. The large fits my wetsuit booties really well so I'm betting the XL will work with the drysuit :wink: Naturally you're more than welcome to meet me at Gilboa that weekend and try them :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Nice try :D I'm now the proud owner of the XL pair and a Large pair of the ones with the shorter blades. I find out the weekend of June 28 how the XL's work with my drysuit. The large fits my wetsuit booties really well so I'm betting the XL will work with the drysuit :wink: Naturally you're more than welcome to meet me at Gilboa that weekend and try them :D

Have you tried the shorter blade yet?

Have you tried the shorter blade yet?

Only snorkeling in the pool while watching a student so it wasn't a real trial. I was mostly just bobbing on the surface cause I had to give him my lead. They fit the booties perfectly though! I did figure out why I can't get them to lock, my ankles turn as I kick them forward and the blade edge isn't enough surface area to generate the force needed to lock it into place. I traded fins with the student and had the ankle twisting issue with his fins as well...never noticed that before but I bet I've always done it.

These fins may be the thing that forces me to fix my kick :D

I have about 35 dives on these now and I love them. I don't take them off between dives as they have become so easy to walk in I forget they are on.

Now for the bad. I split one of the foot pockets last Monday so they are out of service and I am not looking forward to going back to my splits. No not even for a short time.

You think those two paragraphs may be related? I doubt they are designed to be walked in for extended periods of time.

Sorry, but I just can't see myself ever getting used to these. Yea, getting fins on and then off again can certainly be a pain, but I've just grown accustomed to that being part of diving.

I think this fins will be great for the military application.

Well - just brought mine back from Coz....

and a new pair of Scubapro Twinjets...to replace a pair of cruddy fins that unlocked every time I kicked in a current....

and yes... they were fully locked each time....

(and yes..... I have video to prove it....I will post it later)

totally wrecked two dives.....

Omega will be hearing from me!

There are great fins for pushing your kneecaps off and looking like a twit underwater.....:dork2: I wish they had writen that on the side of the box....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom