Omega Fin Write up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Alright, Im sure some people have been waiting for this writeup. This is just my opinion on these fins, please ask any questions is I didnt answer them. Just before the Our World Underwater SHow this past weekend( I mean minutes before the show and my plane left) I met with Steve from Omega who gave me a pair of fins to try out on my trip. I was leading a trip to the Mall of AMerica shark dive, which was really cool....So they decided to let me try out a pair....

Now to be honest, when I first saw them at DEMA, I thought it was going to be a gimick, cheap, horible fin....I was wrong.....ITs actually very functional, I was pleasantly surprised.

So we get to the portion of the trip when we get to dive, Everyone suits up, I put on my gear, and unusually enough put on my fins as well. Everyone is baffled....they have never seen anything like it, but they love it.... I walk about 30 yards to the spot were we are going to get in the water, with my fins already on....they walk great!!! Im standing in line, waiting to get in the water, everyone has to bend down or sit down, put there fins on, stand back up, and giant stride in...Me, I just jmped right in.....No wait, no fuss, I was already ready to go....

When I hit the water it was a bit weird trying to move, oh ya, I have to snap them into place.....so with a couple normal kicks(gets easier with practice) I could hear the "click" and they were ready to go.....You go from kicking and not moving, to all of a sudden when it clicks in, to being propelled forward with some great power. This is what amazed me....Im used to an old set of Dacor Turboflex fins, extremely stiff, and I thought this would not be a good fin for my style.....I was wrong....It was extremely comfortable to kick, powerful enough for my kicking style, and functional in and out of the water....What an awesome fin!!! I finally get out of the water and click the fins together and the flip up....walk right out.....walk over to the next dive spot and take of my gear....You guys are really going to be amazed with this fin!!! NOw, on the other hand I was thinking this might be too stiff for some other people, one of the aquarium instructors had a pair of Mares Vollos he dives(an extremely flexible fin) and he tried the Omega, LOVED IT!!!!! So, I found out that so far its good for almost everyone!!!

So, I dont know if anyone is interested, but I still have a set of prototypes, Im not selling them! But I would rather these get used and people are able to try them so for anyone who wants to, this is my thought.....You pay shipping to you, and I will send them for you to try, all I need is a current credit card number that will not be ran unless you dont send them back.....if you chose to buy a pair from me, you will get free shipping so its a wash.....Im also thinking that instead of having to pay shippin back to me, if there is enough interest, to just keep sending them and the next person just pays shipping charges from the last person with the fins.....in the end, I will pay shipping back to the store....THis is just prelim thinking, if anyone has a better idea of getting people to try this great fin, Im open to suggestions....But remember this is a prototype, some of the things I would have liked them to change, are actually being changed for the released version.....

So if anyone is interested, let me know.....I would really like to get these out and have some people try them and here what they think....I know I was amazed

here is a pic from the dive(thats one of the Aquarium Instructors wearing them, he too fell in love with them) Sorry about the quality of the pics, I was testing out a new prototype camera that I wasnt used to and had some difficulties with the strobe
PICT0106.jpg

PICT0109.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom