OM-1 more first pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This dive, I used the 60 mm lens with the OM-1. Palos Verdes, CA.

The first image is of an abalone. I did not know they had "eyes." I had taken several pictures when the abalone peeked out from under its shell to see what was going on!

Attachments

• abalone.jpg
    abalone.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 73
  • blackeyegoby.JPG
    blackeyegoby.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 69
  • brittlestars.JPG
    brittlestars.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 68
  • copepods.jpg
    copepods.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 65
  • dedronotus.jpg
    dedronotus.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 69
  • doriopsilla.JPG
    doriopsilla.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 75
  • greenling.JPG
    greenling.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 68
  • nudieggs.JPG
    nudieggs.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 74
  • octopuseye.JPG
    octopuseye.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 76
  • oddcouple.JPG
    oddcouple.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 66
  • rockfish.jpg
    rockfish.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 63
  • ronquil.JPG
    ronquil.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 72
  • skeltonshrimp.JPG
    skeltonshrimp.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 69
  • snailseatingpyrosomw.JPG
    snailseatingpyrosomw.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 65
  • spanishshawl.JPG
    spanishshawl.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 81
Really nice! Malaga?

Excellent shots Jim. I was amazed at how much better than the 45 the oly 60 is. Is it easier to use on the OM1?
Thinking about it I don't get shots this sharp with the 60 on my EM5 mk2.
Is there any post work done on them>

Excellent shots Jim. I was amazed at how much better than the 45 the oly 60 is. Is it easier to use on the OM1?
Thinking about it I don't get shots this sharp with the 60 on my EM5 mk2.
Is there any post work done on them>

On both of the lenses I set limit focus and used a focus light. That helped with AF as the lenses didn't have to hunt as much in dark water. Camera settings using the 45 and 60 were different. On a previous dive with the 60, I was getting very, very shallow DOF and most of my pictures were discards. On the latest dives, I upped the f-stop to 22, shutter speed to 1/200, and ISO 200. The resulting greater DOF meant more keepers. BTW, I set the camera to "night vision" to brighten the live view screen due to the lack of light at 60 feet under a layer of green schmutz. Yes, images were post-processed using Photoshop Elements.

It would be interesting to go back to the 45 and use different camera settings. I suspect the results would be better than the first time.

I'm very pleased with the new camera.

PS I'm desperately waiting for the replacement ring for the 12-50 lens gear adapter. It's on backorder. Hopefully I'll get it and have a chance to play with that lens before we leave for Cozumel.

Enjoy Cozumel, I remember you go there a lot. I'm off to Tulamben Bali on 18th August and can't wait.

On both of the lenses I set limit focus

How did you do that? In camera settings? I don't think that you can physically do that on the 60mm lens since the lens gears covers that adjustment button and you can't do it from the housing.

How did you do that? In camera settings? I don't think that you can physically do that on the 60mm lens since the lens gears covers that adjustment button and you can't do it from the housing.

I set the delimiter on the lens before I put it in the housing. I knew I was going to shoot only macro and I don't use a lens gear on the 60mm. Of course, a harbor seal showed up on the dive and all I could do was point at the camera and mumble "macro!"

Of course, a harbor seal showed up on the dive and all I could do was point at the camera and mumble "macro!"
Always Guaranteed that would happen with prime lens u/w, wrong type of lens on the camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom