Olympus E 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

graffa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any rumours out there re a case for the E5 ? I have checked web and not seen anything. I am guessing it is a question of when as opposed to if?

I'm hoping someone makes a housing as well as I've sunk a fortune into lenses and ports for my E-520. I have been contemplating moving to Nikon or Cannon but really would prefer to upgrade what I have with Olympus.

The E-5 would be the less expensive move and if your ports are for the Olympus mount all the better because both Nexus and SeaTool have the Olympus port mount. I will be at DEMA next week and will be looking tio see what will be coming for the E-5. The E-3 housings did not sell well so I don't expect any new rollout only an upgrade to what they already have.

Phil Rudin

It would be nice if they made something like the PTEO5 or 6. Looking forward to the news from DEMA

The E-5 would be the less expensive move and if your ports are for the Olympus mount all the better because both Nexus and SeaTool have the Olympus port mount. I will be at DEMA next week and will be looking tio see what will be coming for the E-5. The E-3 housings did not sell well so I don't expect any new rollout only an upgrade to what they already have.

Phil Rudin

With DEMA next week I'm really hoping SeaTool makes a new back. They look really nice and will work with my Oly ports. A housing like my PT-05 would be great as well as I've had no problems with mine. I've got my fingers crossed! Adorama has E-5s in stock now too. I wonder if the E-5 will fit in an E-3 housing and let most of the important funtions work?

Brian

I will be seeing the SeaTool people at DEMA and asking for the upgraded back for the housing. As with the E-3 Olympus announced that Nexus would have an E-5 housing. This is a partnership and Nexus should announce soon. Olympus has a very small part of the "pro" DSLR market and we would be lucky to see more than one or two housings.

This German photo magazine has given the E-5 very high test scores for image quality comapred to other pro cameras, see link.

Google Translate

Phil Rudin

Phil hope you had a good time at DEMA. Just wanted to check in to see if you had managed to find out anything extra? Was there any time line given as to when there would be any housings available?

Thanks for the help as always.

I am in the Las Vegas airport waiting for the flight home from DEMA.

I was not able to get an answer for SeaTool (RecSea) or Nexus regarding when or if the E-5 housing or replacement back was coming.

Phil Rudin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom