Olympus 7-14 vs 9-18 sharpness comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nickbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could someone who is currently using the Olympus 7-14 please post some images and a bit of a review of what they think of the lens. If they have used the 9-18 a bit of a comparison of lens sharpness would be good. Also the brand and size of dome port used with it would be useful. I am looking at replacing my 9-18 and zen dome port as I have never been overly happy with the sharpness. As the cost of the 7-14 plus dome is over twice the price of my existing set up, i would want exceptional results, and I am not sure from what I have heard that this is the case. Please help.

Here's a link to a post of mine on Wetpixel with a sample shot of the 7-14 and Inon 170mm dome. You can can dial the aperture down to f500 and never get that level of corner sharpness with the 9-18 / Zen combination (exaggeration added for clarity). Get the 7-14 and don't look back; from my perspective, the only downsides are cost and the difficulty of using filters topside.

Inon 170mm dome for Olympus lenses - Mirrorless Cameras/Housings

Back
Top Bottom