Oly5050 - where to buy online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if anybody had any good advice of where to buy the Olympus C-5050Z online. I would like a new one, not a refurb. and I was looking for a place that anybody had a good experience with. Thanks for your time.

I purchased a C-5050 from www.buydig.com in February. I have friends who have also purchased cameras from there. They had a great price and were really helpful. I got the cards and USB at www.meritline.com. I picked up my housing www.underwaterdigital.net.

I'm thrilled with the pictures I'm getting. This is my first underwater camera and I'm loving it. There's still a lot to learn. A strobe is next on the list.

Just curious, why not a refurb? I bought mine directly from Olympus, saved a couple hundred dollars, and there is not a scratch on it. It came with all the same stuff that a new one has, but the box isn't as fancy.

I don't need a 200 dollar box.

Did you check out your warranty on the camera that you got from buydig? I've been cautioned that some on line retailers are not certified Olympus retailers and therefor there can be problems with the warranty. I'm ready to buy, but have been concerned about buying on line because of this.

KidK9 once bubbled...
I was wondering if anybody had any good advice of where to buy the Olympus C-5050Z online. I would like a new one, not a refurb. and I was looking for a place that anybody had a good experience with. Thanks for your time.

I bought my 5050 from www.bilibi.com

The price was good, service was good, and overall I am pleased. I bought the extended warranty and they have several repair shops in NJ/NY. I would recommend them.

I got the full US manufacturers warranty from buydig, which is why I went with them. I found places that were cheaper, but only offered a 1 year "store" warranty.

I got my C5050 for $594 at www.17photo.com and the standard ground shipping had it here in 3 business days. Great service with full warranty (registered on line w/olympus).

Safe diving!

Adorama (www.adorama.com) has it on sale for about $649 (they will email you the quote if you ask for a better price). I went in there personally in NY to buy a Canon S50 (and u/water housing) and was really impressed with the service... not as good as the previous price though.

Back
Top Bottom