Oly 8080 & Ikelite ds51

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skromer

Registered
Reaction score
I am having troubles syncing my strobe w/my camera. I bought the converter to use the Ikelite flash but when I shoot my wide angle lens I find I get a shadow apparently from the internal flash hitting the lens. I watch the flash & it seems to be firing late. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I am having troubles syncing my strobe w/my camera. I bought the converter to use the Ikelite flash but when I shoot my wide angle lens I find I get a shadow apparently from the internal flash hitting the lens. I watch the flash & it seems to be firing late. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Are you using the Olympus housing? With the Ikelite housing, the internal flash isn't able to pop-up, so theres no way the internal flash can go off..
Is there a way to turn off the internal flash while using the strobe?
( I have an 8080 & use an Ike housing, but also have an Olympus housing which I havent used in ages so I don't remember much about it). My main problem was the diffuser on the Oly housing- but at that time I was only using the internal flash... The diffuser was causing shadows across the pics...

You also may have a bad synch cord...

I am using Oly's PT23 housing. I haven't noticed the shadow when I use my camera w/o my wideangle. I know that I have to have the internal flash up. I can't seem to get the 2 flashes to work together.

i had one of those cameras before i got my new one. what you need to do is go into the flash setting and choose the slave mode on the flash settings menu. you will also see a set of number under the slave mode setting if i remember right is something like 1-5 and what those numbers mean is how much light the internal strobe puts out. when you set it to slave mode it will fire once on each shot even in macro and supper macro so you will be able to use your strobe will in these modes.

Back
Top Bottom