Oldest diver on Scubaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abaco24

Contributor
Reaction score
While surfing tonight I came across a comment about deals on scuba gear since someone had assumed that the diver was past his/her prime and needed to sell their respective gear due to age. It didn't sit well with me since age while in our sport is a factor, to most is just a number in life.

I'd honestly like to know who is the oldest active diver on scubaboard, when they started to dive and how they have maintained diving for so long.

I've got a ways to go I think, but I'd love to hear from the veteran divers here and some of their "war stories", older gear, what they started with etc....school us on your experience.

To me you are an honor to the sport, maybe a nice gift certificate to the oldest confirmed diver by the mods from sign up info?:coffee:

Sorry man, didn't know it was a Leisure Pro topic, but then again I didn't use the search feature.....I've committed a cardinal sin not using my own pet peeve.... the search feature.......:guillotine:

I'm sorry, he died yesterday......

Sorry man, didn't know it was a Leisure Pro topic, but then again I didn't use the search feature.....I've committed a cardinal sin not using my own pet peeve.... the search feature.......:guillotine:

No worries. I've been here long enough to know it's been asked before and that it will be asked again.

No reason it can't still be discussed by those that wish to, just wanted to make sure you got an answer. :)

I think Cave Diver is the oldest diver here. Him or NetDoc. They are at least 120
A better question would be who is the youngest, for some of the posts, including my own could be from a 5 year old...:rofl3::rofl3:
oh i was just havin some fun

Same age as Frank, but just a "beginner" diver. Did OW last year in Tenerife, 40 dives so far, photo on profile is of a swim-through there. I hope to go out with the local SSAC club on Wednesday nights when the water gets up to 50.

I'm 70. Started four years ago and have over 200 dives. Try to go every month to the Keys if the money and weather holds up.

I think Cave Diver is the oldest diver here. Him or NetDoc. They are at least 120

Some days I feel like it. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom