Older Zeagle BC repair and ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitroxic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was given an old Zeagle BC that was bought second hand. I was wondering if anyone knew what it was.

There is a hole in the inner bladder and I wanted to know if it is better to patch the hole, replace the inner bladder, replace the whole bladder assembly, or just buy a new Zeagle?

Photos below

Joshua Kershaw Photography- powered by SmugMug

Joshua Kershaw Photography- powered by SmugMug

1351859_CmTgt

1351859_CmTgt

It looks like an old Concept BC from what I can tell.

I don't think trying to patch that bladder is a good idea. If it was a pin hole, sure, but that looks a little larger than that.

The BC appears to be in good shape, based on what I can see, but I would probably put a new bladder assembly on it, which will also get you a new airway system and inflator.

Scott

Thanks Scott. When I replace the bladder assembly, which one would you recomend?

I was thinking the 34 lb all elastic or one of the 35 lb models.

Eventually I'm going to pick up either a Stiletto or a Brigade, but for now, since I'm just starting out I was wanting to get a bit more use out of this one.

Thanks again. Great Product. Great Florida Company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom