Older Dacor & Beuchat Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding the VX 2nd and parts, i have discovered the Trident LP seat is too small. The existing seat will do for awhile until I source a replacement.

@ the OP, sorry for hi-jack
When i sell regs on ebay I sell individual stages.
Generally an easier sell plus make a little more.

Sent from my iPhone from my momma's basement

The Dacor is as good as junk. Mares bought Dacor some years ago and twisted it's neck. You can't get Dacor parts. You may be able to trade it for a small discount on a new Mares reg.

Don't know anything about Beuchat except that it's French, like, Citroen (meaning lemon), Peugeot and Renault, which are some of the cheapest and most unreliable cars you can buy in Europe. Don't forget, the French make Airbus, which, if you know anything about airplanes you won't fly on, and they made concord, which has killed more Germans than the entire French military since 1940.

Just saying. Personally I have my doubts, as you can see :) I think there's a good reason why you got them cheap.

R..

Your posts are as good as worthless as you rarely know what you are talking about. Most Dacor second stages use industry standard parts which can be purchased from Trident. Trident also makes seats for the first stage and you can punch your own diaphragms and use generic o-rings. So no Dacor is not junk.

If you don't know anything about Beuchat then why post? Beuchat is French like Aqualung which I guess is junk also?

---------- Post added June 10th, 2014 at 10:17 AM ----------

Regarding the VX 2nd and parts, i have discovered the Trident LP seat is too small. The existing seat will do for awhile until I source a replacement.

@ the OP, sorry for hi-jack
When i sell regs on ebay I sell individual stages.
Generally an easier sell plus make a little more.

Are you talking about the mushroom seats?

Your posts are as good as worthless as you rarely know what you are talking about. Most Dacor second stages use industry standard parts which can be purchased from Trident. Trident also makes seats for the first stage and you can punch your own diaphragms and use generic o-rings. So no Dacor is not junk.
Well, yeah. I usually don't know what I'm talking about. That's true :wink:

I do know that the old Dacor stuff had a good reputation but the company doesn't exist anymore and apart from someone like yourself who can scrape together and/or make their own service kits, it's not something that I would consider worth spending money on. Punch your own diaphragms? no thanks. Not when there are so many other modern options that are supported by companies that exist and support their products.

Beuchat is French
... which to someone living in Europe pretty much says all that needs to be said. :wink:

R..

Well, yeah. I usually don't know what I'm talking about. That's true

It is true and I mean it with all sincerity, you do not much about scuba at all. Also just because you won't spend money on it doesn't mean something is junk. Who made you the arbiter of value?

You never answered my question either. Aqualung is French, is that junk too?

Last edited:
Well, yeah. I usually don't know what I'm talking about. That's true

It is true and I mean it with all sincerity, you do not much about scuba at all. Also just because you won't spend money on it doesn't mean something is junk. Who made you the arbiter of value?

You never mentioned my question either. Aqualung is French, is that junk too?

Sure glad we got that sorted out...lol

R..

You never mentioned my question either. Aqualung is French, is that junk too?

I have to agree.

Those Dacor second stages are very hardy regulators, I prefer a metal case for an octopus because they are so hard to break and the weight around my neck is inconsequential. Metal second stages have many advantages over modern regs... they are not junk. I have been using those Dacor Pacer second stages for 15 or 20 years now without any problems (maybe longer, i don't recall).

As for that Dacor first stage.. i have one that needs service. If anyone wants to hunt down parts and repair it for their own use. I would sell it for $20 (including shipping). I will keep the second stages..

"Are you talking about the mushroom seats?"

Yeah

You beat me to bringing up Aqualung lol

If I recall correctly the Beauchat VX10 = Apeks Reflex T50 D regulator, also sold by Zeagle in the day.

If I recall correctly the Beauchat VX10 = Apeks Reflex T50 D regulator, also sold by Zeagle in the day.

A US VX10 is basically a Apeks TX-50 with a different cover and purge it is better than a Zeagle because the Zeagle 50D does not have the metal heat sink. The Zeagle 50D is a T20 with an adjuster.

---------- Post added June 10th, 2014 at 07:15 PM ----------

As for that Dacor first stage.. i have one that needs service. If anyone wants to hunt down parts and repair it for their own use. I would sell it for $20 (including shipping). I will keep the second stages..

Check this out: MyScubaShop @ Amazon.com: dacor

---------- Post added June 10th, 2014 at 07:22 PM ----------

I will need to check this out then. I purchased some Beuchat seats from Laura at 123 Scuba and from what I remember they fit a Scubapro duro poppet fine. I did not try it on my Apeks VX-10 because it is supposed to take the same size seat. I just received some Trident seats so I will need to compare the two.

The Dacor is as good as junk. Mares bought Dacor some years ago and twisted it's neck. You can't get Dacor parts. You may be able to trade it for a small discount on a new Mares reg.

Don't know anything about Beuchat except that it's French, like, Citroen (meaning lemon), Peugeot and Renault, which are some of the cheapest and most unreliable cars you can buy in Europe. Don't forget, the French make Airbus, which, if you know anything about airplanes you won't fly on, and they made concord, which has killed more Germans than the entire French military since 1940.

Just saying. Personally I have my doubts, as you can see :) I think there's a good reason why you got them cheap.

R..

:D - Ha, Ha, lets just say I had a good chuckle and leave it there...........:wink:

---------- Post added June 11th, 2014 at 04:02 PM ----------

I will need to check this out then. I purchased some Beuchat seats from Laura at 123 Scuba and from what I remember they fit a Scubapro duro poppet fine. I did not try it on my Apeks VX-10 because it is supposed to take the same size seat. I just received some Trident seats so I will need to compare the two.

Yes, the Trident mushroom seats should fit.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2014 at 04:14 PM ----------

I have to agree.

Those Dacor second stages are very hardy regulators, I prefer a metal case for an octopus because they are so hard to break and the weight around my neck is inconsequential. Metal second stages have many advantages over modern regs... they are not junk. I have been using those Dacor Pacer second stages for 15 or 20 years now without any problems (maybe longer, i don't recall).

Indeed those old pacers were great, I "upgraded" to one mid 80's I think from an old Nemrod which I had used for years, bullet proof they were. Not sure what happened to mine, for all I know they are still in a box here somewhere.

The first stage is very basic, and some folk I know have modified the HP seat carrier in those first stage's to accept a generic seat to keep them alive, the O-rings are common, so its still possible to revive it if you feel like a little challenge. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom