Old US 62 Bridge Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Mid-West Muck Divers!!
I had one great week diving on Norfork Lake! Myself and a few buddy's ditched work one after noon an went to see what conditions were like on the "Big Pond" and dove on under the 412/62 bridge to find the ruins located on the map I have.
we found the ruins about 25 ft and then found that the viz was the best I have ever seen around this time of year!
we hit a bunch of the local smaller lake's tuesday an on wed hit the old us 62 bridge just to find out what the viz was like really deep.
serf temp was 65 the depth temp was 60 at 86 ft with a viz of 20-30 ft!!
this was a walk-in dive from the Henderson campground. we hit 69 ft and followed the bluff past three marina cable's till we found the boat that is sitting on the old road leading to the bridge. this is the kool part, as we turned to hit the bridge you could see the dirt bike that sits center of the bridge! and if anyone has been on this site before you dont get this viz very often! we traveled down the bridge and back.
looking over the side you could make out the bottom 10 ta 20 ft below, putting your depth at around 110 ft! like I said you dont get this viz often.
the lake is up right now and with a big weekend here this kind of deep lake diving wont last!!!
So get out their an Dive Muck Diver's!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Man I hope the viz holds up somewhat, spearfishing starts in about three weeks and I plan I being there.

Ya I hope so to as I have a few hot spots as well I want ta fish.
the catfish are up but I haven't seen any walleye, and it's just a shame ya cant hunt Bass!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom